Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My 'New' 2002 Convertible Pics

Bonnell

Corvette
2008 Convertible
Finally! Here she is (with the wife's new Denali). I am going to have to get the good stuff (Tuna suggests Zanio so I will order some of that) to get all of the swirl marks out.

This is a one-owner with now 32,000 miles. Everything is in great condition. The one thing that needs to be done is the wheels need to be taken off and polished on the inside where I can't get to.

Thanks for all of your input on the other posts relating to this car.

Ok, the JPG files are all about 310K and the upload limit is 83K so I cannot post yet. I'll have to see what I can do to reduce these for upload...

Ok, the JPG files are all about 310K and the upload limit is 83K so I cannot post yet. I'll have to see what I can do to reduce these for upload...

Bonnell,
If you don't already have software to resize pictures, here's a LINK to Irfanview- a handy piece of image processing software Tammy (MsShroder) has been recommending for years. Best of all, it's a completely free download!

Can't wait to see the pics!

:w
-Patrick

PICs are here

Bonnell,
If you don't already have software to resize pictures, here's a LINK to Irfanview- a handy piece of image processing software Tammy (MsShroder) has been recommending for years. Best of all, it's a completely free download!

Can't wait to see the pics!

-Patrick

Thanks Patrick! I downloaded the program and resized. This is a really nice freeware program! Here are the PICs...

Nice photos!
I don't know about Arkansas, but this is a great time of year around here to have a 'vert. Clean, crisp air, blues skies.... AH... :cool

Enjoy!

Tammy

Nice photos!
I don't know about Arkansas, but this is a great time of year around here to have a 'vert. Clean, crisp air, blues skies.... AH... :cool

Enjoy!

Tammy

Thanks Tammy. Arkansas is just getting to the good top down time. It is perfect in the mornings and evenings but I just returned from a short drive and it is 92 out at 3:00pm. It is a little too hot in the sun. Next week the highs are supposed to be in the 70s so it will really be top down weather!

J

She's a beauty!
Congratulations!!!

Linda

Denali + Vette: now that's a pair to draw to! Luv that black/oak color combo. My 2002 coupe was black/oak also. Enjoy!!

Damn, she is almost as pretty as mine!! lol!!

I always thought my 90 convertible was nice--that is until I got my C5. I could not believe how much better this car is.

BTW, in the summer in Indiana, 92 is a cool day to go for a top down spin!

Enjoy the new ride!

Denali + Vette: now that's a pair to draw to! Luv that black/oak color combo. My 2002 coupe was black/oak also. Enjoy!!

You have a pretty nice pair of vehicles yourself! My first vette was a '73 coupe with the same color combo. I've always liked the black/Oak colors.

Thanks for the post.

Damn, she is almost as pretty as mine!! lol!!

I always thought my 90 convertible was nice--that is until I got my C5. I could not believe how much better this car is.

BTW, in the summer in Indiana, 92 is a cool day to go for a top down spin!

Enjoy the new ride!

I really like your colors too. That is a sharp vette. This has been the hotest year in Arkansas in the 12 years I've been here. We have spent most of the summer in the very high 90's and mid-100s (this actually started in March and we normally have 80s through the first half of June). I thought 92 would be ok too but the humidity was 100% and with the sun directly on me it was really warm. We are supposed to see 70s this week though so I intend to :D take advantage of it.

Thanks for the post.

J

Thanks for the post. I can't help but walk our and have a look once in a while. :)

Ah, yes- that's the "I'm still in shock" phase.

In this phase, you'll find yourself sneaking down to the garage in the middle of the night, just to turn on the light and look at the Corvette. Sometimes, for no reason at all, you'll be walking by the car on your way into the house and you'll just get in and sit behind the wheel, gently running your hands over the steering wheel and the gear shift, running your fingers over the word "Corvette" on the steering wheel. You'll spot your Corvette across a crowded parking lot, and you'll feel your heart beat quicken a bit. You may even have some dreams about driving it along some country road. You see, in this phase, your mind is still wrapping itself around the concept that you are now the proud owner of a world class sports car with more than 50 years of history and fame behind it.

Enjoy this phase! It will last a few months, and then, one day, without warning, you'll contract "mod fever." It usually happens about the time your first copy of the Mid-America Corvette catalogue reaches you in the mail. ;)

Just don't forget to wave!

-Patrick

Ah, yes- that's the "I'm still in shock" phase.

In this phase, you'll find yourself sneaking down to the garage in the middle of the night, just to turn on the light and look at the Corvette. Sometimes, for no reason at all, you'll be walking by the car on your way into the house and you'll just get in and sit behind the wheel, gently running your hands over the steering wheel and the gear shift, running your fingers over the word "Corvette" on the steering wheel. You'll spot your Corvette across a crowded parking lot, and you'll feel your heart beat quicken a bit. You may even have some dreams about driving it along some country road. You see, in this phase, your mind is still wrapping itself around the concept that you are now the proud owner of a world class sports car with more than 50 years of history and fame behind it.

Enjoy this phase! It will last a few months, and then, one day, without warning, you'll contract "mod fever." It usually happens about the time your first copy of the Mid-America Corvette catalogue reaches you in the mail. ;)

Just don't forget to wave!

-Patrick

My daily driver for the past 4 years has been a 1988 coupe-it is still in the driveway and has 165K miles (still going strong). I guess I have never come out of shock since getting it. I park my C5 below my office window so that I can walk over and look at it. I have an Eckler's catalog in front of me (C4) and the C5 version is on order! :D I'm afraid I am simply going deeper into shock. Is there a rehab for people like us?

I'm afraid I am simply going deeper into shock. Is there a rehab for people like us?

Nope! :L
Just settle in here at the CAC and rest assured, you're among many with the same affliction :D

:v My friends laugh, but don't forget about the climate control systems just because the top is down. As long as the sun is shining I'll run the heater or air conditioning as needed. :blue:

:v My friends laugh, but don't forget about the climate control systems just because the top is down. As long as the sun is shining I'll run the heater or air conditioning as needed. :blue:

As long as the a/c can keep up with the sun I am ok. Once the sun overwhelms the a/c I either have to go fast or put the top up. Not a bad choice!:D

:)

Does that mean it's wind management or aerodynamic cooling? :D

Have fun!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom