Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust Question

glomonac

Corvette
1987 Red Coupe
I need to replace both mufflers as well as the Y pipe on my '87. Don't know which brand to go with. I'm looking for something with low resonance. Any advice on this, as well as where to purchase would be appreciated.

I just replaced the exhaust system on my 90, with Corsa, low sound until you give it the gas,then a low rumble. Sounds great, not too loud,can still talk and listen to the radio, but just the right sound for your car. Looks great also. Call Corsa and thery will be only too glad to help and give prices.

It cost me 60 dollars to have installed. It was worth it.
Tom.

Thanks Scotch1, I just ordered the Corsa today. Still trying to decide to pay $100 for it to be installed or do it myself.

That’s a tough call.
If you trust your mechanic then by all means giver him the job to install the Corsa.
You'll have to work on your back if you don't have a lift, and that’s a bummer!
Let me know how you made out, and how you like them.
Tom.

Thanks Scotch1, I just ordered the Corsa today. Still trying to decide to pay $100 for it to be installed or do it myself.
Sooo - what did the system cost? Where did you get it? Is it cat back?

Thanks

Just Installed

Just had the Corsa's put in. They are awesome! Very low cabin resonance compared to the stock mufflers. Loud on the outside quiet on the inside. You gotta love it. Thanks for the tip! They were $659 from G Force Autosports. G Force had them at my house in 24 hours. I still can't believe it. If anyone's interested their number is 913 768-4237. I had a local muffler shop put them in for $80. That was money well spent .

Just had the Corsa's put in. They are awesome! Very low cabin resonance compared to the stock mufflers. Loud on the outside quiet on the inside. You gotta love it. Thanks for the tip! They were $659 from G Force Autosports. G Force had them at my house in 24 hours. I still can't believe it. If anyone's interested their number is 913 768-4237. I had a local muffler shop put them in for $80. That was money well spent .

Thanks for the info . Was this for mufflers only or did it include some tubing from the cat back?

The Corsa's were cat back. They included all even the clamps.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom