Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How do you do it?

R

Ranrich55

My wife and I were in Bowling Green when the C6 was introduced. It's the excitement of the moment, I guess, that stays with you and for over two years we have been discussing the possibility of getting one. She finally said "OK....see if you can find a pre-owned C6 at a fairly reasonable price and we'll go for it!" I had immediate visions of my '81 and my '05 parked side-by-side on a beautiful sunny day. My sunny day suddenly turned rainy when she added...yep, you guessed it..."of course we must sell the '81 first". HUH? Are you kiddin' me? As a regular lurker on these forums, I know a bunch of you have two, three, four or more Vettes. How? Is it just me? I learned to drive a standard shift in a friends '60 Vert. They have been in my blood for over 40 years. And I can't have TWO??? Help me folks...I really do want a C6..but I love my C3. If I have to choose, I think the C6 will win but in the meantime toss some ideas my way. The more clever they are, the better. Thanks....Randy

Divorce? J/K :L .... uh, play the "investment" angle on the 81?

Good luck.

We have way too much fun together for divorce and as for investment...We've invested so much in the '81 already, well, you know.....

Randy,

I'll be of no help since 3 years ago I had two NCRS 82's and loved to drive them. The mistake was taking a trip in my friends 2001 C5 - that's all she wrote and I had to have one. You guessed it, the 82's are gone and I have a C5 now. For me, one car always sat so there was no sense in keeping 2 Vettes anymore, however, I still think about having another C3 someday sitting next to the C5.;)

Good luck.
:w
Guy

Randy,
I let my wife shoehorn me into a four-door twice (no kids, no friends - WTH for!!) I finally went to a car lot ALONE and came home with a two-door. Since then I've bought two more, so now I have six doors altogether. If you gotta have the C6, get it and keep an eye out for another C3 'fixer-upper' and before you know it you'll have two. Or three. And then expanding the garage. Have fun!!

Craig

Simple ;)

:lou His ~ Hers :Steer

Bud

buy the C6 for a daily driver drive the 81 on weekends, my 97 has over 102,000 miles to the 68's 67,000 the 76 and 82 have roughly 80,000
the newer cars are made to be driven long and hard and get much better gas milage.

Marriage is all about compromise. If you have to give up your C3 what will she give up? Suggest she turn in her charge cards.

The amount of money you could get for the C3 would do little to offset the cost of the C6 so why bother? Don't give up, keep battling, we are all rooting for you.

.......I had immediate visions of my '81 and my '05 parked side-by-side on a beautiful sunny day.........

You can always say that the C6 is for her.... at least, you'll get to see "your" Vettes side-by-side!
:w

Marriage is all about compromise. If you have to give up your C3 what will she give up? Suggest she turn in her charge cards.

Thanks just prime :W :L

Lets put it this way you will be keeping the 81 until everything on it is just perfect, and we all know that will take forever...for some reason they always have a problem..... well, at least mine does.

P.S. Who wears the pants in the family? ;)

Get BarryK to tell you how HE did it.

Just do it. Don't let women and feelings get in the way. :cool

If the 81 is paid for, what's the harm in having two? :w

An SUV, a pickup and two Corvettes here. Momma would let me have more too, if I wanted to pay for more. Just have to find a place to put them! :crazy

Get BarryK to tell you how HE did it.

easy.......... it's easier to ask for forgiveness afterwards than it is to ask for permission beforehand. :D

actually, it was easy to get the get the second vette even while unemployed and not have the wife mind.
spent the last two years getting the wife to completely LOVE the first Vette (the '65), and all the Corvette related activities such as shows, cruises, and local vette club events. Problem is she couldn't drive the first vette because it was a 4-speed plus manual steering, brakes, and no A/C.
Than we just ran across the '78 which was a loaded up car including power everything, A/C and AUTO TRANS which she could drive. She liked the idea of the car and once she drove it (after it was already brought home! :D) ) it was a done deal and she "claimed" it as "her" car so now we have "His and Her" vettes.

Unfortunately a member of our club bought a new C6 'vert a few months ago that Linda fell in love with the instant she saw it and now she wants a new C6 'vert BAD. Financially it just ain't happening for a while but sometime in the future i'd be thrilled to add a C6 'vert to the garage also.

Neither of us Craig, we walk around nude all the time....... how's THAT for a mental image for you?!
;LOL ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

About the same as an image of me stopping at McDonald's or some other fast food place to eat. ;) :L :puke

only on the sides facing neighbors...... ;LOL

man, did this thread ever get sidetracked :D

you can only drive one at a time and after you drive a C-6 you will never want to drive around on 6.75X15 tires again. i have owned most all series of corvettes and i would never go back. JMHO

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom