Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How do you do it?

you can only drive one at a time and after you drive a C-6 you will never want to drive around on 6.75X15 tires again. i have owned most all series of corvettes and i would never go back. JMHO

if I only could keep one of mine it would be the C5 or a C6 if I had one, but I like the "feel" of the C3 and I do drive much slower in the older cars since buying the C5 ;LOLthe difference in stability is amazing.

DO IT!
Here's a quote I realy like.
"Eat dessert first! life's unexpected!"
If you dont do it now you might regret it later and get the " I should've done it if I knew" syndrome.
DO IT!

OK...here's what we've come up with so far. Get a C3 fixer upper. Good idea Craig, but I did that already. It's now fixed up and I really don't want to go that route again. The C6 for her? I wouldn't want to see any Vette parked at Ding City, Louisiana at her place of employment. We do have a bunch of credit cards, but she rarely uses them so it wouldn't matter much if they disappeared. Now for Janine and Barry...Pants? I'm afraid if I exercised the "macho" option my pants would be out in the front yard along with everything else I own. Just kidding...we have a great relationship and USUALLY agree on everything. Motorman and Bossvette are probably right. I'll need the funds from the '81 to help offset the price of the C6, though. And it does seem like every week there is something else I want to "fix" on the C3. Man, I usually don't give up this easily, but we really want the newer Vette. Any other thoughts?

Any other thoughts?

The only other thing I can come up with is...

Do you own anything else you would like to sell instead of the '81 to free up the needed cash? Any other hobbies you don't use enough like an old boat, a couple of guns you never shoot anymore, etc, etc?

Already thought of that, Culprit. When I went off to college in 1966, my mom cleaned out my room and threw away two shoeboxes full of baseball cards dated from 1954-1962 and my collection of comic books and Hot Rod magazines. Wish I had those now. I don't guess 3 or 4 dozen old golf balls, a Howdy Doody coat rack and a single shot .22 rifle would put a dent in what I need. Oh well, .....

I'm with the HIS & HERS solution. Since you are down Louisiana, you don't need to worry about a winter car like us up north. Scratches and dents may or may not happen all the time. So if you are concerned about that, have her do the "Corvette Park", which is at the farthest spot from the entrance to the building. :D
Of course, I've tried this and there's always some JackA that will inevitably park right next to me for no apparent reason!

I sure agree with you about the jackasses and their total lack of respect for other people's cars. The last new car I bought I got a ding the first week I owned it. And I was parked waaaay out in the mall parking lot. A few weeks later someone (jealous, perhaps?) keyed it!!! I am always very careful even if there is an old hooptie parked next to me. I just don't understand. My wife's daily driver has so many dings and scrapes from the parking lot that she said she would refuse to ever drive our "new" Vette to work. I'll have to visit her to show it off. (If we ever get it)

I sure agree with you about the jackasses and their total lack of respect for other people's cars.
If I am stuck with only a few spots to choose from, I park next to the most expensive car in the lot. I figure that they don't want to ding their car any more than I want to ding mine. :upthumbs

If I am stuck with only a few spots to choose from, I park next to the most expensive car in the lot. I figure that they don't want to ding their car any more than I want to ding mine. :upthumbs
Not necessarily a good thing here in 'hillbilly heaven' most expensive vehicle will be a 'land yacht' of some kind that will probably scrape your roof when they open the door and use it for a step to get out of theirs. The Mrs. tells me to park next to a 4-door, as they have shorter doors. (like I'm lookin at that when I'm parking!) My car seems to get pretty banged up at work, glad I got classic plates on the Vette so I CAN NOT drive it to work!

Guess who wears the pants in this family?

As you can see the legs are white. :L

I was bored a few weeks ago and started cleaning the top of the Ford.
276819378_3d82662c45.jpg

276819386_e74421e670.jpg

Guess who wears the pants in this family?

As you can see the legs are white. :L
Is that a trick question? I don't see any pants in those pics. I do see some short shorts though! :D

My wife and I were in Bowling Green when the C6 was introduced. It's the excitement of the moment, I guess, that stays with you and for over two years we have been discussing the possibility of getting one. She finally said "OK....see if you can find a pre-owned C6 at a fairly reasonable price and we'll go for it!" I had immediate visions of my '81 and my '05 parked side-by-side on a beautiful sunny day. My sunny day suddenly turned rainy when she added...yep, you guessed it..."of course we must sell the '81 first". HUH? Are you kiddin' me? As a regular lurker on these forums, I know a bunch of you have two, three, four or more Vettes. How? Is it just me? I learned to drive a standard shift in a friends '60 Vert. They have been in my blood for over 40 years. And I can't have TWO??? Help me folks...I really do want a C6..but I love my C3. If I have to choose, I think the C6 will win but in the meantime toss some ideas my way. The more clever they are, the better. Thanks....Randy

Tell her what I told my wife after the fourth sports cars came home.
"SOME MEN HAVE ONE WOMAN AND MANY CARS, OTHER MEN HAVE MANY WOMAN AND ONE CAR". It worked for me. My wife has never questioned any car purchase since. Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom