Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Original Paper Work For Your Car

B

bmotojoe

There are many documents that came with your car from the factory as well documents that were added to the owner’s packet from the original dealership. Here are copies that came with mine. I am missing two that I know of, the EPA fuel economy window sticker and the build sheet. The fuel tank has never been removed and that is usually where the build sheet was, at least for the 1977 model.
Brian
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery.fcgi?p=999&gid=13220263

Very nice Joe!

PAPER WORK

I have a 78 L82 four speed car. I have all of the paper work from when it was order to the loan, I ran copies and laminated the copies at the shows I place them in the back window. I also have a recall notice on the air condition, a check off sheet from when the car was unloaded from the car hauler, The paper work is probaly worth more than the car, just kidding the car is in greAT SHAPE

Lots of goodies

When I got my car, I also got the Protect-O-Plate, Window Sticker, Tank Sticker (Build Sheet), original Owners Manual, trim ring instructions, Application for Title (Michigan), and several invoices from vehicle work (heater core, carb rebuild, electronic conversion, etc.). :)

This is a Targa Blue (code 979) car with a Red Vinyl interior (code 407) per trim tag, and having the Build Sheet with "Color Over-Ride" and "Red Vinyl Interior" stated on it is, I'm sure, a very good thing. It is unique. No way to know how many were made, but, I'm sure-not many. I won't go so far as to say "one of one made", but I will say "one of not very many". The car was built June 14, 1972, the Application for Title dated June 22.

With the "new" 383 stroker in it, I really enjoy this car. It is a great driving car, smooth and responsive, and the steering is light and quick. I am very happy with it, now at 85K miles. She's a keeper, unless someone has to have it and makes me an offer I can't refuse. I'll just get another one. ;)

Rick
:gap

I read somewhere that they could have folded it up and stuck it under the dash panel. ?????
"Jeff"

I read somewhere that they could have folded it up and stuck it under the dash panel. ?????
"Jeff"

I've never seen or heard of that. On some of the passenger cars (Chevelles, etc.) they were under the back seat-between the springs and the cushion. It's possible Corvettes may have that, too, I suppose. JohnZ would know.

Most of my finds have been on top of the gas tank, though. The '72 Chevelle SS I had was under the back seat, but my '72 El Camino was on top of the tank. Never found one on the '71 Nova-and I have been all over that car.

Rick
:gap

"Jeff"

Build sheets are occasionally found on C3's stuffed between the speedo and tach, behind the cluster; some have also been found stuffed inside the camber strut bracket on the bottom of the diff.

I see from your other post that you found your tank sticker; I'd drop the tank, take several hi-res digital photos of it, and put the tank back up with the sticker still in place. If you try to remove it without dropping the tank, you'll probably destroy it.

:beer

HMMMM??? Might not be a bad idea John. I was just at the service and asked the mechanic how much to drop the tank. He said @ $50.00. I'm getting ready to store it for the winter. So,,,,,,,, do I drop the tank and remove the sheet, OR, drop the tank, take pictures, and leave it there?????

TIA "Jeff"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom