Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C16 Callaway Aerobody

Corvette
1989 Callaway Twin Turbo Aerobody Coupe
Hey guys the new Callaway is heading out to the LA autoshow. It looks great It will surely get alot of attention. Just wait till you see it. Reeves did it again another Beautiful car.

After seeing the front view on Reeves Macbook, I can't wait to see it all the way around! I know someone going, I'll have to give him the heads up.

What color is the show car?

Where is the picture?

Everything is under wraps until December, from what I hear. ;)

As Kruzmisl wrote, we got the catch a glimpse of this amazing car - at least a sketch of the car, this past summer at Carlisle. It was neat then, to see into the future :cool

Oke so no photo's no problem.
Could some of you give a description toward what kind of a design it is, accents, overall etc etc ? :)

Groeten Peter.

I hope it does something to make the C6's rear end look less like a slash from the side.
/

Oh, I don't dislike it. I just think it would be cool to see something different. Perhaps something similar to the rear end of a Mosler MT900. A little bit more swoopy like that.
2005-Mosler-MT900S-S-1024x768.jpg

mt900_2.jpg

Something like that might be cool!

EDIT: I just mocked that rear up on a C6 in photoshop and it doesn't look too hot... throws the proportions off. Not worth showing. Anyway, I can't wait to see what Callaway came up with! :)

From Callawaycars.com - There has been a pic added to the main page...

a preview:

c16homeimage.jpg

HEY , They found NEMO

I do not like the big mouth Aston Martin grilles

The C12 also had a big mouth front bumper but that was more destinctive IMHO.
maybe when they drop the fence in the opening it looks better.

sorry guys, I was very excited in expection of the new aerobody but this was not quite what I had in mind.

do not hate me for it please.

HOLY C8's GHOST!!!!!!!!!
c8front.jpg

Not in love with it (mostly because of the color), but the C8 influence is badass!

Hopefully the back and sides will look much better. The front is very much Camaro C8. I was hoping for something similar to the orriginal Aerobody. Maybe it will grow on me-similar to the complete C6. Nice color.

Thanks for the additional pictures. Any of the complete rear view? Completely different rear-alot of redesign. Interior looks good.

Thanks for the additional pictures. Any of the complete rear view? Completely different rear-alot of redesign. Interior looks good.
Click the above link again. I just added more photos.

That rear is deliciously Pininfarina. I love it!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom