Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power Steering Pulley Removal ??

91-Vetteman

Corvette
1991 Blue Coupe
Help !! I am having a place in town chrome plate all of my pulleys. I cannot get my power steering pump pulley off. I have a 3/8 inch allen wrench that will not budge on it. I have sprayed it with penetration oil, bang it a couple of times with the hammer and it is not budging. Is there any tricks to getting this off, reverse thread ? internal set screw ?? I would appreciate the help or any suggestions!!

Help !! I am having a place in town chrome plate all of my pulleys. I cannot get my power steering pump pulley off.

Make sure they don't plate the inside diameter of the pulley hub, or you'll never get it back on at the proper distance from the pump to align the belt; you'll also need the pulley installer tool to put it back on.

:beer

Snap On carries the ideal tool to remove and then install the pulley all in one kit. Not cheap, but it works.

Thanx guys !! I did not realize that !! I will probably go the ebay route and pick one up for myself !!

Thanx guys !! I did not realize that !! I will probably go the ebay route and pick one up for myself !!

Look it up under "Lisle pulley puller". Some kits do not include the "installer" adapters. Kind of useless if you're re-using the pulley.

GerryLP:cool

Smart thing to ask first John,
I made a U turn of my power steering pulley so I had to get another one.. :(

Groeten Peter.

Just an idea, when I replaced the pump on my 81 Z28 I used to have, the manager at my local Advance Auto pulled the pulley off my old pump and put it on the new one for no charge and right there while I waited. Of course I do shop there a lot and they know me.

I brought mine to NAPA and they pulled it off for me right at the counter.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom