Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Original 1987 Callaway megaphones

jessehere

Corvette
Anyone have an Idea what I could sell a pair of these for?
Thanks
George

Not much, $200 maybe. The new design ones are better in that they are thicker, have no center supports, and they open at 2.75" vs 2.25".

Now I'm really confused...Can anyone ID these megaphones for me . I know that they where purchased from Callaway for my buddies 1987. Either In 87 or 88. The opening is just under 2.75 in height. They have two hollow support tubes inside (not visable in pictures. Here are some pixs thanks George

IMGP1350.jpg

IMGP1351.jpg

IMGP1352.jpg

well, I could be wrong, I thought the first gen pipe diameter was 2.25" like the stock exhaust.

Are you referring to the tip opening or the pipe diameter?

They look original to me BUT wait, why is the seam on the bottom on one and the top on the other? I've got to go look at mine now!

Those are the orrigional ones that came on 87 Callaways. The opening is 2.25 inches on the inlet. This is the first design. I have a couple of sets from my 87's. Hope that helps.

Those look really nice! Makes me wonder what they sound like... for that matter... it's a stretch but... I wonder what trombones would sound like if used as exhaust pipes :L
Trombone.jpg

Those look really nice! Makes me wonder what they sound like... for that matter... it's a stretch but... I wonder what trombones would sound like if used as exhaust pipes :L
Trombone.jpg

They rock even with a an ole L83.start it up- NOW THAT'S A CHEVROLET

Its funny I was referring to them as trumpets. U can call em Trombones whatever They are also appropriately referred to as MEGABLASTERS. . I only put them on during firecracker season !!:_rock anyway thanks for the help. (RED) Thats make sense the inlet is the stock size. Yes it is:beer

Anyone have an Idea what I could sell a pair of these for?
Thanks
George

George, the original Megs were black steel w/ stainless tips. Yours are based upon those and are of that same original design. The guys already mentioned the opt. "big Meg's" that are an improvment upon the originals.

Please list a price for them if you are indeed selling them. Thanks :beer

I had them listed for $995 shipped conus on craigslist.

I once had a pair of these on my stock 88 Vette. Without the turbos to muffle things, that car was extremely loud. I removed them soon after. Email me if you still have them. I collect Callaway parts.

Anthony

Anthony, you're going to have to open a museum if you buy much more ;).

How's the "black" project going?

Or better yet, a store! The one thing I missed a few years ago was a set of Run Flat wheels. Anybody know of a set they will part with?

A

Carlisle 05 Callaway Gigantic garage sale had a set!, right Chris? He wanted them Sooooo.... BAD and we fooled him that I had bought them, only to let him get em later! ET Viper got coil overs for what?, a few Ben Franklins?

I once had a pair of these on my stock 88 Vette. Without the turbos to muffle things, that car was extremely loud. I removed them soon after. Email me if you still have them. I collect Callaway parts.

Anthony
PM sent (Megs Still available}

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom