Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tell me about the FOBS

Jade Panda

Corvette
2007 Coupe
The wife has decided on a 2007 coupe as our new car. I have been lurking on the site for a while trying to find out what you all like and dont like about the c6. One question that I have is about the key fob. If you are out and about and have a fob failure, are you stranded? Can you get into and start your car if the fob fails?

The wife has decided on a 2007 coupe as our new car. I have been lurking on the site for a while trying to find out what you all like and dont like about the c6. One question that I have is about the key fob. If you are out and about and have a fob failure, are you stranded? Can you get into and start your car if the fob fails?

If you have your key and you are locked out due to a FOB failure, you can unlock the car with the key. The lock is in the rear of the car above the license plate. This unlocks the rear hatch, and once inside you can use the manual release to open the doors. If you are inside the car and your FOB fails, you can open doors with manual releases as well. You can also start the car if the battery on the FOB is dead by inserting it into a recepticle in the glove box. It is pretty much fail-safe.

Jade Panda,
Your wife sounds like a woman with great taste.
Welcome to the site.

(I haven't experienced C6 ownership... yet... so I can't add any info to the fob subject).

Tammy

Did you not get an owners manual or the DVD with the car. The dvd was great because I don't have the patience to read a whole OM.

If you have your key and you are locked out due to a FOB failure, you can unlock the car with the key. The lock is in the rear of the car above the license plate. This unlocks the rear hatch, and once inside you can use the manual release to open the doors. If you are inside the car and your FOB fails, you can open doors with manual releases as well. You can also start the car if the battery on the FOB is dead by inserting it into a recepticle in the glove box. It is pretty much fail-safe.
If the windows are all the way up (which they usually are) then you'll have to fight the weather stripping to get the door open. You may want to "locate" the emergency key lock @ the rear of the car, so you can find it in the dark...

how many FOBs do you get?

Hello all,

I'm new here and looking at getting an 05 C6 in the next couple weeks. Can anyone tell me how many FOBs are supposed to be coming with it? I wasn't sure if it was one or two.

Thank you!

Patrick

New 'Vettes come with two. That's how many you should get from whoever you purchase the vehicle.

C6 Key FOBs

The two fobs let you program one for each driver's preferences. Very easy to do and a nice convenience.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom