Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaways aside, what's the most amazing car that you've ever driven/rode in ???

*89x2*

I know our Callaways are amazing vehicles however, what else have you either driven, or rode in that is equally as impressive - or at least close ;)

As it is Christmas day, I can recall driving a Porsche 928s, which at the time, was an amazing car - and just happened to be my first shot at driving a stick-shift transmission :lou

What have your experiences been, aside from your Callaway :confused

rode in a lamborghini miura a few years after it was introduced:m

..it was that burnt orange color, i'll never forget it

I had a Lingenfelter ZR-1 built several years ago that was just awesome, and my wife had a '96 911 Twin Turbo that was unbelievably quick. But the most awesome, I'd have to say, is the '69 L88 automatic car I recently sold. You may think that the automatic would ruin the experience, but even under moderate throttle the car would break the tires loose and snap your head back on each upshift. Couple that with the sound of side exhaust, and it was quite a ride. I used to love taking that car out and terrorizing the neighborhood.
:lou

My buddy bought an 02 Z and had a C5R motor and upgrades put in. It goes......................FAST!

Of all the sports and muscle cars I've owned the 68 L-88 Corvette was by far the most memorable!! Had a chance to run it at Grattan road race course here in West Michigan. First corner made me very thankful for the required HD brake package!! :bu:lou

I have built and driven a couple of supercharged 900 hp C5's. They are a blast to drive-but I would still rather have the Callaway Twin Turbo.

My choices are pretty easy on the wallet compared to 900 hp Corvettes and Miuras lol.

Hmm... my favorite has to be our '95 Z28. It just has a lot of magic to it; great looks, comfortable seats, a beautiful interior, and all of the right sounds to make the car a great experience. Having it in the family 11 years and loving every day of it makes it hard to beat.

I've driven 3 2005 Corvettes and they were awesome as well. Probably a lot better of cars than the Z28, but the memories of taking trips in the backseat of the Z28 make driving it (from the front seat) all the better. :)

Other than them... my favorite sedan is a Grand Prix... good balance of power and comfortable, ergonomic interior.

The most exotic car I've driven is a Corvette or SL500 so I can't compete with the rest of you :L

One of my customers gave me the keys to a BMW M1, yeah look it up! A real exotic they only built a couple hundred to compete on the track. It reminds me of our twins.

I had the pleasure to drive a 2006 ZO6 on a parking lot during a meeting. One first and second gear but hey my clutch leg was shivering anyway :D

Groeten Peter.

IN HIGH SCHOOL I BUILT A 68 CAMARO WITH A 427/435HP 3 DUCE,MUNCIE ROCK CRUSHER TRANS,12 BOLT POSI. REAREND AND 200HP NITRIOS.
IT WAS ONE BAD RIDE FOR A SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD.AND THE BEST THING I STILL HAVE IT.ITS HAS NOT BEEN STARTED FOR 15 YEARS.
IT IN THE SHOP COVERED WITH STUFF I DON'T NEED TO SEE IT WHEN THEY WALK IN.SOMEDAY IT WILL BE ONE OF THOSE FOUND IN BARN STORYS.

STEVE

I had the incredible pleasure of being a passenger in this awesome ride at CruiseFest this past summer! Last Spring, I mentioned in a thread that although Midyears were my DREAM Corvettes, I'd never even ridden in one... and 67HEAVEN said we'll have to fix that. And fix it he did! :D

Jane Ann

CV_67Heaven_A.jpg

THAT IS A VERY NEAT PICTURE.THAT IS OUR ZR-1 BEHIND 67HEAVEN.I GOING TO ADD TO MY SREEN SAVER.

THANKS
STEVE

...this thread, caused me to go looking through some old pics - I found one of that 928s. I would share it however, my scanner hs seemed to burn up :ugh

Any more great cars?? Seems like L88's and old(er) muscle are the theme here :cool

I have driven a porsche 930 Sat in the Sledgehammer and the Lemans TT ZR-1 Speedster I have driven several Ferrari's on the trackacross the northeast.

Really :confused

When did I miss that???????!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!

I've looked it up, and it at the 28th februari 2004 so almost 3 years ago.. Think I didn't type a long reply on my ride in it but on that day in general. :)
Maybe you remember the small video of that day?

Groeten Peter.

I have driven a porsche 930 Sat in the Sledgehammer and the Lemans TT ZR-1 Speedster I have driven several Ferrari's on the trackacross the northeast.

I think tracking the Ferraris would be awesome :lou

Remember how tough it was to fit into the LM SuperSpeedster - that low roof made ingress/egress difficult at best - once you were in, it wasn't uncomfortable at all :cool I would get used to the ins & out of the LM SS if I had it :upthumbs

My father had a CRAZY collection of cars when I was growing up. I was lucky to drive an original GT40 (sn 1104, 1 of 7 street cars), California Spiders, Countaches, 308's, a Yenko Camaro, '68 L88, Vintage Astons, Osca race cars, Lussos, as well as Callaways.

My favorite rides were in my dad's 1978 LeMans competition Boxer, and the 1976 Jaegermeister Porsche 934. The Boxer was naturally aspirated, and way too loud for the road, so my dad got the Porsche. The turbo made it quiet enough to drive on the road. He painted it black, and drove the coolest sleeper on the block.

He would rent out the Hollywood Sportatorium back in the days, and he and my mother would race the two. My favorite ride was at 182 MPH (max with gearing setup) sitting on the battery at age 10.

The good old days.. The Porsche we later raced at the 1980 24 Hours of Daytona. At 16 hours, we were 4th overall against much stiffer competition, but the car was left in sprint car trim. It was very hairy, but running faster than the superior 935's. It turned out to be too much, and went into the wall ending its career. It was rebuilt and sold.

My Camaro's don't really compare to the good old days.

Anthony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom