Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'96 Service/shop manual(s)

Stallion

Corvette
1996 CE LT4
Yup, that looks like them. 1996 is a two-volume set, with book two only covering engine and trans. Good luck!

Hmmm, I'd call them. I ordered mine through them, but I just don't remember having any question about it being the right thing.

$90-95 is probably about average for the two books in good-excellent condition. You are bidding on the correct items.

They'll pay for themselves quickly if you use them.

The white cover manual is what you may be thinking of, its the pre production manual. Its what I have, both a 94 and 96. I got the 94 on ebay, the 96 at Corvettes at Carisle event. The red ones are post production books. Is the white better than the red? I don't think so, and the White is usually cheaper. The white is one book, and the red is two, so make sure your getting both if you get the red ones.

I gave up trying to buy the 1996 shop manuals through ebay so I finally contacted a friend who happens to be the parts manager at a chevrolet dealership in ohio..I purchased them for $125.00 .........good luck

I gave up trying to buy the 1996 shop manuals through ebay so I finally contacted a friend who happens to be the parts manager at a chevrolet dealership in ohio..I purchased them for $125.00 .........good luck

Would you happen to have the contact information for this friend? I'd really appreciate it if I could get a hold of them. Thanks

So I just called these people about these manuals they have (http://www.helminc.com/helm/product...pe=N&mscsid=1D1KN9N753F19KWBX3AW2N9E8X6841AD), and she said they are the factory manuals that the dealerships use. So then I asked her if it is the two books, and she said yeah it's "3 or 4 books, about 10 pounds". She said they are the factory service manuals that the dealerships use, but that was all she seemed to know about them. I asked her what color they are and she wasn't sure, I have no idea where she was reading her information off of.

I'm not too sure I trust this source........... ideas?? suggestions??

JIM BUBECK CHEVROLET.......ask for parts then talk to Dewayne...tell him you know John from fortwayne and maybe he will give you a deal....
1-800-749-3325

good luck

I don't know if diff. yrs are diff prices but I bought my red two book set with update sheets for my 90 from the helms site 2 yrs ago. I think the cost was $106 On the 90 the second smaller book has all the electrical, and electrical trouble shooting.

Glenn
:w

I don't know if diff. yrs are diff prices but I bought my red two book set with update sheets for my 90 from the helms site 2 yrs ago. I think the cost was $106 On the 90 the second smaller book has all the electrical, and electrical trouble shooting.

Glenn
:w
1996 shop manuals cost a little more than earier years for some reason...

The 96 manual has info on both engine options, the LT1 and the LT4. The LT4 was first offered in 96 with the automatic transmission.

The source is OK, the white cover doesn't have all the info needed. I had both white and Red covers for my 94 and in comparing, the white manual on some things would refer me to the 93 red manual. Helms only sells the Red covers (after they come out). You'll be fine to buy them from Helms.

I think the reason that the 96 manuals are more expensive is that, that is the first year for OBDII and there are lots more trouble codes and fixes. At least this makes as much sense as any.

davec0_17 said:
The LT4 was first offered in 96 with the automatic transmission.

The LT4 was not offered with the Auto in 96 or any other year to my knowledge. 1996 LT1, Auto (only) LT4 , 6 spd (only)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom