Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Magna Charger

lew

Corvette
96 CE 00 FRC
In a few days I will begin installation of a Magna Charger/ intercooler in my 99 FRC. I would appreciate suggestions or comments from anyone having knowledge of or experience with installation of this system.

Lew

In a few days I will begin installation of a Magna Charger/ intercooler in my 99 FRC. I would appreciate suggestions or comments from anyone having knowledge of or experience with installation of this system.

Lew
What are you going to run for a fuel system? Does it come with injectors and what are your plans for tuning?

What are you going to run for a fuel system? Does it come with injectors and what are your plans for tuning?

Todd,

The Magna Charger kit I ordered includes injectors, a tuner, everything you need, except for the hood. It won't fit under the stock hood.

Lew

Todd,

The Magna Charger kit I ordered includes injectors, a tuner, everything you need, except for the hood. It won't fit under the stock hood.

Lew
Great! What I would recommend is you have it dyno tuned. A hand held tuner will never get you all the power out of your maggie. Dyno tuning with EFIlive or LS1edit will leave very little horsepower on the table. Yeah the hood.......tough to spend another $800.00 after the maggie. I've seen guys cut their stock hood to take the money curse off and let the maggie stick out until the hood is fully painted and on the car.

Can you provide a link to the set up you purchased? I will be interested in doing this in the future. That is unless I just give it to Lingenfelter to do. :)

Leon

If you are doing the install yourself, the Magnacharger instructions are very detailed and complete.

:beer
Thanks for your reply to my post. Yes, those instructions look quite complete. I hope I don't encounter any problems not mentioned in those directions. I was hoping to get a reply from someone who has actually done it.

Lew

Great! What I would recommend is you have it dyno tuned. A hand held tuner will never get you all the power out of your maggie. Dyno tuning with EFIlive or LS1edit will leave very little horsepower on the table. Yeah the hood.......tough to spend another $800.00 after the maggie. I've seen guys cut their stock hood to take the money curse off and let the maggie stick out until the hood is fully painted and on the car.

Todd,

Thanks for your response. Right now I am more concerned with getting the mechanical install accomplished. I was thinking about maybe just cutting a hole in the hood. How did it look? Kind of old school street rod kind of look, I would think.

Lew

Thats just toooooo sexy :)

I didn't install my maggie myself but know others who have. The instructions are complete and straght forward. From what I understand the most difficult task in the install is pinning the crank. I agree with Todd and think it is important that you get a good professional tune after the install.

I agree with Todd and think it is important that you get a good professional tune after the install.
Thanks Norman. I've never seen any maggie make more power with a handheld, they just are limited and lack the overall tuning capability. Put her on the dyno and get all the power out of it, boost limited ofcourse on the stock bottom end.

is it a smog legal set-up in Ca. ? :confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom