Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Preliminary Results - "Last 1967 Corvette" - $660,000!

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Today at the Barrett Jackson Auction, the "Last 1967 Corvette" sold for $600,000 plus a $60,000 buyer's commission fee for a grand total of $660,000. Ron Pratt is the new owner.

1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE COUPE AKA: "THE LAST STING RAY"

Lot Number: 1285

1/20/2007 3:00:00 PM

Options

Engine: 427 L36
Transmission Type: 4-SPEED
Horsepower: 390
Cylinders: V8
Exterior Color: SILVER
Interior Color: BLACK

Description

The "Last" Corvette Sting Ray, VIN #22940, is powered by a 427cid/390hp V8 with a 4-speed transmission, power steering and factory air conditioning. Documented with its Tank Sticker this piece of history has been the recipient of a professional frame-off restoration. Featured in a six episode television program on SPEED that has followed this car from restoration to being offered at No Reserve at Barrett-Jackson. Awards: Multiple NCRS Top Flight certifications, Bloomington Gold certified, Vette Fest Gold Spinner award, Vette Fest Triple Crown award, Meadowbrook Concours De Elegance Lions award, and Corvette Expo Excellence award & Most Significant Corvette award. Memorabilia: All awards, trophies, certificates, judging sheets, owner history, factory documentation (build sheet), books, manuals, magazine articles will go to Buyer. Also, buyer will receive items donated from: Dana Forrester (Artist), the illustrated Corvetter Print series, M.F. Dobbins (author), Auto ect. neon clock, NCRS membership plus care package), Meguiar's (wax and car care products), Michael Bruce and Associate (author), ET graphics (last Corvette apparel), DVD of last sting Ray six episode speed TV programs

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/6051

Video of the Sale:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y5wp3GzuD5Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y5wp3GzuD5Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

• Admin
A little 'shy' of the 1.25 million that a rep from Proteam said it would bring at Funfest.
Nice car !!!!!!!!

How much $$$ did ProTeam put into the restoration? For all of ProTeam's efforts, I bet they barely broke-even on the deal.

Gburg

How much $$$ did ProTeam put into the restoration? For all of ProTeam's efforts, I bet they barely broke-even on the deal.

Gburg

I heard that they had "budgeted" $300,000 for the restoration. I wonder if the guy with the "last 66" is perhaps having second thoughts about how to do up that car?

I heard that they had "budgeted" $300,000 for the restoration. I wonder if the guy with the "last 66" is perhaps having second thoughts about how to do up that car?

If I had just paid $660K on a car, I would be upset with the "Last Sting Ray" window decals, on the front and rear windows. Those decals were not on the car, while it was making the Corvette "circuit." I would lose those REAL fast!!!

I wonder how much change they dropped on promotion of the "Last Sting Ray?" Even with their own transporter, taking the car around the Corvette circuit would not be cheap. Insurance, payroll of ProTeam employees, lodging, meals, security, etc. Not much profit made on this deal. After watching repeats of Barrett-Jackson auction action, from past years, I saw Terry Michaelis, on a couple of occassions, as the winning bidder on Vettes. I think all went for less than $80K. I wonder how many dealers are among the big Barrett-Jackson bidders?

Gburg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom