Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 LOL

bossvette

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1968 1997
Rob you piqued my interest with that topic so I'll go out on a limb and throw in my $.02 given the past history of the different generations and the length of production runs I'll predict the C6 is here to stay for a while.
C1 53-62 ran for 10 model years
C2 63-67 ran for 5
C3 68-82 ran for 15
C4 84-96 ran for 13
C5 97-04 ran for 8
I'll bet the the C6 is good for 10 years with continued improvements like always (I hope so it will be a while before I can buy one) ;LOL
there have been rumors that the next Vette will be mid engine since the 60's

The rumor floating around is that the C6 will see the same production run as the Mid-Years. So it will be interesting to see what happens.

Hmmm. okay - I'll make a prediction and say the new C7 will come out in 2010. That would be a 5 year run for the C6 model, 2005-2009.

Trust me, I just have a feeling for these things. ;)
Jane Ann

why don't you make a poll of this with a choice of 5, 10 and 15 for the model run, I really can't see a short run for the C6 unless its to keep up with some of the competition.
I don't follow Sports Cars like I did when I was young but didn't the 911 run something like 25-30 years and it was/is quite successful for all I know (or care) they could still be making them. To me they were just a Hot Rod Volkswagen ;LOL

If only they would change the look of the C6 front end. I can't seem to like it no matter how many times I see it.;shrug

Honestly, I keep looking for a new vette but the front end look is holding me back.

I would say replaced after 5 years, new changes, right hand drive seems to be a must for Austraila and to some degree Europe

2010 makes sense because it will brought in line with the upcoming rwd product is set to release in that timeframe.

There will be more sharing under the skin in various areas and the change of the corvette will reflect this...(Or so the story goes)

If only they would change the look of the C6 front end. I can't seem to like it no matter how many times I see it.;shrug

Honestly, I keep looking for a new vette but the front end look is holding me back.

I mean no disrespect to C6 owners but I have this same issue with the front end, the non-popup lights are not an issue (maybe a little better design). I am looking forward to a better design for the C7.

I mean no disrespect to C6 owners but I have this same issue with the front end, the non-popup lights are not an issue (maybe a little better design). I am looking forward to a better design for the C7.
Can't say that I agree with your opinion since maybe I have a C6 2005 and have grown to love the head lights the way they are. Corvettes have a way of doing that to you, as you probably already know that, no matter what year you own, once you own a year in a given group-haha. Seriously though, I would probably word it like this: not so much as a better design, but a more improved design, which I'm not so sure how you would do that but hey, they got this far, right? :upthumbs
ps. but leave the pop-ups dead, in my opinion, though. It is time to move on.

I remember reading that the C6 was going to have a shorter than normal run, and the C7 would come along 2010ish.

Im not big on the rear end, it looks like it was chopped off, too angular when compared to the front if you ask me. Its a nice car but i find myself reminded of certain Japanese makes.

Maybe they could go back to a Stingray kind of design. I tend to think that the C6 is one of those stopgap generations, especially if the run is going to be only 4-5 years, which might mean a big redesign considering the C6 was not vastly different than the C5.

Have to disagree. I like the front and rear of the c6. The c5, front is good, but I can't handle how huge the azz is. c4 (96) great front/rear...'84 rear is good too.

I Agree....

I can't help but feel Texan1 hit the nail on the head regarding the C6! I know, I can't help it either, I am biased and I am the first one to admit it. But you know what? I just can't help myself. Every time I get into the damn car, it just feels soooooooo perfectly balanced and well, for lack of better words, just, ready!
When you own a C6, it's like, "what else is there?" Sorry if I sound conceited, but I am really trying not to be that way but the car really does that to you. If you guys who haven't taken the plunge yet do so, I swear you will know what we are all talking about. You'll see....:BOW

^^I drove an 06 with paddle shifters and I was like...this feels perfect..........the seating position, view over the long hood, the much improved interior, performance.

Do you know what the performance diff. in 1/4 mi times with paddle shifters vs. regular auto vs. manual transm.?

Are both autos equal in quickness to 60mph and 1/4mi?

what about compared to manual?

Where can I read up on this?

Thanks.

Rob you piqued my interest with that topic so I'll go out on a limb and throw in my $.02 given the past history of the different generations and the length of production runs I'll predict the C6 is here to stay for a while.
C1 53-62 ran for 10 model years
C2 63-67 ran for 5
C3 68-82 ran for 15
C4 84-96 ran for 13
C5 97-04 ran for 7
I'll bet the the C6 is good for 10 years with continued improvements like always (I hope so it will be a while before I can buy one) ;LOL
there have been rumors that the next Vette will be mid engine since the 60's

The C5 ran for 8 model years.

Hmmm. okay - I'll make a prediction and say the new C7 will come out in 2010. That would be a 5 year run for the C6 model, 2005-2009.

Trust me, I just have a feeling for these things. ;)
Jane Ann

Totally agree :cool

>

Hmmmm, I feel the same way about the tail end as you do about the front end. I love the front end though. The tail makes the side silohette (sp) look like it stops abruptly. It is what holds me back from a trade-in deal.

Ah, who cares the C6 is fine fine fine machine, one of the best!

>

C6 prodution

The rumor floating around is that the C6 will see the same production run as the Mid-Years. So it will be interesting to see what happens.
Spoke with a fellow at our Corvette club's monthly meeting last week. He said that he was able to tour the company that is making carbon fiber fenders for the ZO6 and he mentioned that they stated that their contract runs out in 2010. Do the math! I would expect there would be a redesign at that point.

Spoke with a fellow at our Corvette club's monthly meeting last week. He said that he was able to tour the company that is making carbon fiber fenders for the ZO6 and he mentioned that they stated that their contract runs out in 2010. Do the math! I would expect there would be a redesign at that point.

That 2010 date makes sense as the corvette production could be moving to the old saturn plant around that time.

5 years on the c6 which is an evolution of the c5 is a good run.

c7? geez...hard to imagine what GM could do to improve on the corvette performance at this point...but I am sure they will manage to think of something.

^^I drove an 06 with paddle shifters and I was like...this feels perfect..........the seating position, view over the long hood, the much improved interior, performance.

Do you know what the performance diff. in 1/4 mi times with paddle shifters vs. regular auto vs. manual transm.?

Are both autos equal in quickness to 60mph and 1/4mi?

what about compared to manual?

Where can I read up on this?

Thanks.

I'm surprised to never having seen a comparision between the M6 and the A6 in the magazines...both on the track and the drag strip.

I'd bet they are more similiar than any of us would have imagined.

As a matter of fact I don't ever remember seeing the rags like c & D or Motor trend or Road and track even devoting one article to the A6.

Thats bizarre.

Factory performance stats probably show the A6 about a tenth of a second ahead of the A4 (FWIW)

I should probably head down to test drive the A6 just so when the time is right I'll know which to buy...

The M6 clutch issue is ridiculous. Pedal sticking to the floor on about 10% of the Manuals...and GM has no cure.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom