Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

65 427 convert.

Welcome to CAC can't help with a 65 frame though. If originality is not an issue there are several aftermarket frames available even one all stainless steel.

Hi Dave,

Yes, there were big blocks in '65, but, as you may know, they were 396 c.i. However, as you may also know, they were identical to the 427 in external dimensions.

Good luck in your search.

:w

WTB frame for a 65 427 convert.

Dave,

I have a 65 SB coupe, that I am considering switching to a SRIII frame. If your interest please let me know. It has a VBP front suspension (still have stock too) and Steeriods Power Rack & Pinion steering also. I would have a diff. punkin with BB spindles to go with also. If you are interested I would probable go with the SRIII. The frame has been sandblasted and powdercoated. I had it at a shop in Denver and some paint stripper found it way on the to the frame. Most is on the diff. but I will be keep that differential setup. There is a couple of spots on the frame but depending on the level of restoration you are looking for it could be touched up. If you go to my screen name and look at my profile there is a link to my hompage with pic of the setup. AGAIN The Tom's Differential setup I am keeping but I have most the stock rear to go with it.

Thanks
Chuck

Forgot to mention the front suspension also has the c-3 spindles, hubs, new SSBC alum. calipers, and double adj QA1 shocks. All of it is top quality.

Chuck

Phone # 505-891-9545 home
505-896-5566 work

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom