Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

AC Comp

Jim D

Corvette
1987 yellow vert
My ac comp went south. The difference between reman, and new is $60.. They both come with a 1 year warranty. Should I go for the new, thanks Jim.

With same warranty it is a tough call , but if money isn't real tight I would go new. You have a little less chance of a bad one. As much fun as they are to put on you don't want to do it twice.

Glenn
:w

Especially with the cost of freon today!

I would go with new!

SAVE THE :w

Go with the new unit. Being in the parts business, I can assure you that the defect rate is traditionally less with a new unit. Be sure to replace with the same manufacturer as OE. It does not cost any more $$$. Most aftermarket suppliers carry matching original equipment product without having to go to the dealer. For GM look for a Delphi unit. Watch out for cheap offshore knockoffs.

Good luck

Forgot to mention to convert to R134A freon while your at it.

:upthumbs on the 134A , with a new comp. your gonna want to change the dryer and Orings anyhow. A good flush would be wise also.

Glenn

With same warranty it is a tough call , but if money isn't real tight I would go new. You have a little less chance of a bad one. As much fun as they are to put on you don't want to do it twice.

Glenn

I Agree:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom