Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 - Headlight rings line up!!!

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
When we replaced the front hood surround we made sure that the headlight bucket fiberglass mounting eyebrows were properly postioned when they were glued in along with the chrome trim rings and the fender top molding.
If you want the headlight trim rings to line up perfectly with the fender molding you need to get it sorted out when bonding everything together.

Here are the results......

IMG_0972Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0973Small-vi.jpg

Looking good, Herb. :upthumbs
thanks Bob....had to take it back apart and send the headlight rings out to get them polished up and one of them was banged up pretty good and will need to be straightened and then polished.

Also took the headlight cups and will sand blast them and powercoat them BLACK. But I had to see it all together since I was so close anyways.....haha:D

Herb,
The paint and chrome look perfect. Can only hope I'm as lucky when we get to that stage... Great work! :cool
Jeff

Herb,
The paint and chrome look perfect. Can only hope I'm as lucky when we get to that stage... Great work! :cool
Jeff
it is really hard to get good reproduction parts. I mounted the parking lights that I had gotten and they didnt line up worth anything. So I dug out my originals and sure enough they fit really good. So I bought some replacement harnesses and lenses and will be sending my housings to Pauls chrome to get replated.

The side moldings that are like hockey sticks are also reproductions and they were off by more than 2 inches, like they didnt get formed enough for around the front portion of the wheel well. So I ended up having to take my originals and get them repaired and polished. So much for saving time and money.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom