Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WindJammer

Evolution1980

Administrator
Corvette
ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
Anyone found 'em for cheaper than $149? Seems to be the going price for 'em from the major vette suppliers. I think I'm gonna break down and get one this year.

Evo, thought about getting one of them for my C5. Talked to 2 people that had them, and neither of them was impressed with the product. They said that it reduced the noise a little, but not as much as they had been led to believe. Both of them told me to get the brackets that hold the hatch up by about 2 1/2 inches. In their opinion, the brackets worked better than the wind jammer. I got a set of the brackets and the buffeting is noticeably less at the speeds I drive, up to around 80. Just my 2 cents worth.
Andy

Evo, thought about getting one of them for my C5. Talked to 2 people that had them, and neither of them was impressed with the product. They said that it reduced the noise a little, but not as much as they had been led to believe. Both of them told me to get the brackets that hold the hatch up by about 2 1/2 inches. In their opinion, the brackets worked better than the wind jammer. I got a set of the brackets and the buffeting is noticeably less at the speeds I drive, up to around 80. Just my 2 cents worth.
No hatch on the C3 except for the '82. :)
Another member with a C3 had this to say:
ZAL81 said:
In my opinion the windjammer works great. Its easy to install/uninstall with two allen head bolts thru the front t-top mounts. On the highway, its the only way the wife will ride with the tops out- messes her hair up, dries her contacts out, etc. etc. On the highway with the tops out and the windows up you can barely feel the wind on the top of your head and I'm 6'3"so I sit pretty high in the seat.

No hatch on the C3 except for the '82. :)
Another member with a C3 had this to say:
Yeah............I guess that if it's your only option, then go for it! ANYTHING has to be better than nothing. The noise and buffeting is really bad at highway speeds. Post your opinion about it after you've driven it for a couple of days. I'm interested to hear how they work on a C3.
Andy:w

Hey Evo....that pic of your Vette is that taken at Miller Rd park next to CEI in Avon Lake????

Hey Evo....that pic of your Vette is that taken at Miller Rd park next to CEI in Avon Lake????
Sho' nuff! Did it on my lunchbreak a few years back. I work at PolyOne. (for Hewlett-Packard)

I ran the Chevrolet Dealer on Miller Rd from 1996 until 2005 when we closed it and combined stores...

I ran the Chevrolet Dealer on Miller Rd from 1996 until 2005 when we closed it and combined stores...
I know. We chatted about that sometime last year or so... :chuckle :w

Hey, where did the car show move to that used to be up at Avon Commons in the Target parking lot?

The name threw me off as I thought you were talking about a fairing for your bike not the vette thing. I thought why would he want that for his bike? thats a sharp ride and would look funny with that on it.....but now I know the rest of the story.

Im of the thought that the tops off was to basically mimic a convertable and give the feeling of the wind in your face and the sun giving a tan while enjoying a ride.

What does this look like 'Dre? Is it the thing that goes on the top of the windsheild, kind of like a hat visor flipped up ? could you photochop one on to your sig and see what it will look like with it on? Im intrested in seeing it ....:cool

Chas

What does this look like 'Dre? Is it the thing that goes on the top of the windsheild, kind of like a hat visor flipped up ? could you photochop one on to your sig and see what it will look like with it on? Im intrested in seeing it ....
This is ZAL81's car from this post
IMGP0265.jpg

IMGP0266.jpg

Had Windjammer on my C-5 for 3 summers but it cracked right where it tightens to lip of bracket.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom