Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Are C-1 and C-2 prices falling???

tls630

Corvette
69 roadster 88roadster
I am looking for a C-2 coupe. I have been watching E-bay for a deal,which I have not found! But my question is are prices falling or are the reserves set way to high?Every single one I have had on my watch list has not met the reserve.I followed up on one that I was really interested in and the guy wanted 20k more than I was willing to pay, and 25k more than his highest bid.Anyone with some knowledge on this subject have an opinion?

I am looking for a C-2 coupe. I have been watching E-bay for a deal,which I have not found! But my question is are prices falling or are the reserves set way to high?Every single one I have had on my watch list has not met the reserve.I followed up on one that I was really interested in and the guy wanted 20k more than I was willing to pay, and 25k more than his highest bid.Anyone with some knowledge on this subject have an opinion?
too many corvette owners watch the B/J auction and think they can get the same price. those buyers out there are drunk and pay a lot more than the corvettes are worth.

E-Bay is the worst thing that ever happened to "collector" cars and IMHO, it has driven the prices way up. Used to be that a buyer was "bidding the local market" through the local newspaper. Now, you bid against the whole country.

Barret Jackson is just adding insult to injury and I often wonder if they are all real transactions? Don't mind me, I trust nothing that is media driven.

Remember, even "Antiques Road Show", got debunked by two guys with a phony sword!

They're going up. Just try to buy mine. :D

no

I don't think the prices are going down, maybe a tad for the big blocks.
A nice driver is going to cost 30K or more. Just my 2 cents worth.

Evryone wants B-J prices and few are willing to pay that much. I believe that most of the cars you see on Ebay aren't seriously for sell. They are put on there with a rediculose reserve and if someone is fool enough to pay it then it will be sold. If you find someone that really wants to sell his car you will be able to make a deal.

Tom I agree, I don't think most of the cars on E-bay are really for sale. They put a ridiculous price on them and if some one is dumb enough to pay it good deal for the seller.I am looking for a nice # matching coupe for a reasonable price, and it just isn't happening.

Bob, Bob, Bob.............................

Have you had too much time on your hands and been into the Black Label XXX again?:boogie :boogie ;LOL :beer

I don't think prices are going down but they may have stabilized. Even clean drivers benefitted from the BJ hoopla in the last several years but prices seem to have hit a steady state. But even project cars still command $2x,000 and that perplexes me.

What's wrong with Powerglide ;) ?

spring07009.jpg

I don't think prices are going down but they may have stabilized. Even clean drivers benefitted from the BJ hoopla in the last several years but prices seem to have hit a steady state. But even project cars still command $2x,000 and that perplexes me.

What's wrong with Powerglide ;) ?

spring07009.jpg

WHAT A STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL ’67!!!! :eek :eek :eek

I sure do appreciate you guys who take care of these incredible classics.

B17Crew
:w

The original owner of my '67 convertible only paid $5018.25 new. Such a deal I tell ya! ;shrug

westvadmv.jpg

When I opened this can of worms one of the key words was reasonable ! C'mon guys someone has to have a nice c-2 coupe that yhey would like to donate! At this point I would even take a red one!:L

When I opened this can of worms one of the key words was reasonable ! C'mon guys someone has to have a nice c-2 coupe that yhey would like to donate! At this point I would even take a red one!:L

:D Define "reasonable" ?

Whatcha looking for?

What condition? Project car? "Done" car?

Original motor/NCRS/BG type of car?

Nice driver?

AND, most importantly, what price range are you looking for.

You can't touch a driving midyear in my area for under 25K. Chuck

I would agree with Chuck. What do you wish to spend? My 1967 is available for a ridiculous price. But it's not $25,000.

I would agree with Chuck. What do you wish to spend? My 1967 is available for a ridiculous price. But it's not $25,000.

Why in the world would you want to sell your ride, Paul ?

If you are serious, E-Me, robert.pelland@cgocable.ca I already have two customers on my list, that are looking for a 67 coupe.

Stepinwolf

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom