Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Are C-1 and C-2 prices falling???

At this point I would even take a red one!:L

Man! You are desperate. :L I can't think of any coupes for sale right now (except by the big$$ dealers) I do know of a '64 tan/saddle 365 horse 2 top survivor type car but I'm not sure of the price.

Tom

At this point I would even take a red one!

Hey now!

Stepinwolf,
Bad choice of words on my part. I am not planning to sell. But if someone with very deep pockets walked up to me at a cruise day with a Barrett-Jackson price in mind I would be tempted.

I am looking for a SB coupe,I prefer nassau blue with white interior, but would take green or silver, silver blue, burgandy ,light yellow. I want factory air, I don't care what h.p. I would like ps, pb, and any other options? I want the car to be in excellant shape. I want a numbers matching original car. I am willing to pay up to 45k. I know they are out there but I have not found one yet! Of all The cars I have been watching on E-bay the last month not one has sold. They have not met the reserve.I geuss I am cheap or the reserve is set to high!

I want a numbers matching original car. I am willing to pay up to 45k. I know they are out there but I have not found one yet!

Don't hold your breath with those expectations - there's no way on earth you're going to find an excellent condition optioned numbers-matching original car for $45K.

:beer

Don't hold your breath with those expectations - there's no way on earth you're going to find an excellent condition optioned numbers-matching original car for $45K.

:beer

John my friend, as usual, you are absolutely correct. ;)

Stepinwolf

As many of you may know I have been looking for a good original numbers solid axel project for over a year. If the prices are falling, please tell me where! I do believe that some optioned cars have leveled off, and well documented, original numbers cars are still on the rise. Non-matching number project cars are also bring strong money because of the increase of restro-mod Corvettes.

Ray

I may have a trade for my 63 340HP SWC in the works, and yes it is a solid axle!

OK, where do NOM very clean and original besides NOM cars stand? I'm having a problem believing a "numbers" engines car is worth $10,000-15,000 more than a periodic-correct engine. I suspect the poster will find a very nice car for $45,000.

Keep the faith fellas, I will find one, I am in no hurry I am retiired or should I say just tired but any hoo I have plenty of time. I wiil find what I am looking for!

I am looking for a SB coupe,I prefer nassau blue with white interior, but would take green or silver, silver blue, burgandy ,light yellow. I want factory air, I don't care what h.p. I would like ps, pb, and any other options? I want the car to be in excellant shape. I want a numbers matching original car. I am willing to pay up to 45k. I know they are out there but I have not found one yet! Of all The cars I have been watching on E-bay the last month not one has sold. They have not met the reserve.I geuss I am cheap or the reserve is set to high!

A SILVER WITH BLACK AIR CONDITIONED, 65 CONVERTIBLE, WITH AIR CONDITIONING AND A REPLACEMENT BAD RE-STAMP 327/300HP CORRECT CAST 870 ENGINE, 4 SPEED, REPO TEAK, ADDED TELE, LEATHER AL KNOCK SEATS, AND OLD AMERICAN TORQUE THRUST WHEELS AND TIRES SOLD AT POMONA SWAP LAST WEEK FOR $47500.

The engine ran OK, but had Edlebrock roller rockers and valve covers and Edlebrock high rise intake and Edlebrock AFB carb. The original carb, intake, valve covers and air cleaner were in boxes and went with the car. The air conditioning DID NOT WORK. Front body work was evident, and a decent but probably 10 year old paint showing its age made the car a #2-3 driver needing work to bring it to a comfortable level. Rear differential was leaking, and frame had some rust.

Not a bad buy, but I saw $7500 needed to make it tip top.

So I don't think any C-2 air condition CORVETTES can be bought below $40000.........even if you have to tow it home and do a body off restoration.

You have to remember that is California pricing. Your gas is $4.00 when ours is $3.00 per gallon!

Here's an A/C small block coupe in kit form.

'66 Coupe

Maybe it's time to call me insurance company and up the agreeded value on the Vette and then maybe the Hogs..

redn.jpg

Hagerty Insurance suggested that I increase the insured amount on the 61 & 63 do to rising prices.

Ray

Tom thanks for the lead, I checked the car out and it has a CE block. I am going to pass on that one. I will keep searching I geuss. tls

Keep the faith fellas, I will find one, I am in no hurry

I can say IMO with 99% certainty:eek you'll never find a "deal." Not these days. Been on the lookout for "deals" since I bought my first Corvette in '72 and am still waiting for a barn find. Just glad I bought the 2 I did, when I did and back then, still thought I paid too much:w

The prices definately are not falling. I thought with the downturn in housing it would affect the toy prices, but not yet. I am going to Carlisle so if I don't find one before maybe up there.

I don't think prices are going down but they may have stabilized. Even clean drivers benefitted from the BJ hoopla in the last several years but prices seem to have hit a steady state. But even project cars still command $2x,000 and that perplexes me.

What's wrong with Powerglide ;) ?

spring07009.jpg

NICE 67 !!!

Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom