Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where is the PCV located on a 2000 LS-1

hoosierdaddy

Corvette
2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed
I guess I am just going to come out with it; where in the sam is the PCV located on my 2000 C-5 LS-1 Engine ;help I changed my oil, filters and etc. on mine today and can not find this sucker anywhere. I called a GM Service Manager today, he checked and could not find anything as far as location either. He then transferred me to the Parts Manager to see if they even offer one for it and guess what they do. So I have one but seriously can not find out where the old one is located, I am looked high, low and all over the engine and still can not find it. So who out there can give me the exact location of it? It just boggles my mind :confused :confused :confused I know when I find out where it's at I will feel like a regular "lame brain":eek:hnoes

Thanks and I will appreicate anyone out there that can help me right away.

Bill ;shrug

It's on the passenger side on the throttle body. At least that's where the hose is. It's inside the hose.
I think it's in the little U shaped one, if not, it's in the one with the yellow clamp.
If you don't have dial-up, check this mod out to see the location.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91208&highlight=pcv+valve
If you do have dial-up, follow this link, and look at Junk's post.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93200&highlight=pcv+valve
CatchCanStart.jpg

It's on the passenger side on the throttle body. At least that's where the hose is. It's inside the hose.
I think it's in the little U shaped one, if not, it's in the one with the yellow clamp.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91208&highlight=pcv+valve

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93200&highlight=pcv+valve
CatchCanStart.jpg

Without trying to be a big pain in the a$$; ;help where exactly in this picture is the PCV, just can't make it out;shrug but I am going to print this picture and look at my car again. Most that I have ever changed where pretty much in the open and evident.

Thanks for getting back with me so soon :BOW I appreciate it very much. . . . . . . . .

Bill :beer

Without trying to be a big pain in the a$$; ;help where exactly in this picture is the PCV, just can't make it out;shrug but I am going to print this picture and look at my car again. Most that I have ever changed where pretty much in the open and evident.

Thanks for getting back with me so soon :BOW I appreciate it very much. . . . . . . . .

From all indications, it's inserted inside the hose(in the center of the picture) so it isn't visible from the outside. Pull off the U-shaped hose and see what's in there.

Follow the hose with the yellow clamp in the picture. Mine is under the passenger side valve cover facia (plastic cover). I have a '98 6 spd. Hopefully yours is same.

Thank you all very much; going to do some more investigating in the morning, why ;shrug did GM have to hide this little sucker?

Thanks again,
Bill :w

CatchCanStart.jpg
:confused Your picture does not support your statement. The PCV valve in inline with the first hose you mention...not inside it. The fact that there is a staight piece of hose there indicates this is an LS6 system (or late-model LS1), with the PCV located in the valley cover (near the rear of the engine).

And it's definitely not the one with the yellow clamp. :W

Now I am confused; I will look here momentarily and let every know where this little sucker is hiding.

Thanks,
Bill

An apology

I apologize for any confusion or mis-information that I have caused by responding to this post. My intent was to help. This obviously has been fruitless, as the question has still not been answered.

My methodology for finding the answer to the question was to use the search engine and post photos and links to posts involving C5 PCV Valve location, since this is not the first time the question has come up.
Aparently there are many variations in location from year to year and engine to engine.
On my 98, it is under the fascia cover between the fuel rail and the electrical connector for the coils. ( I just looked, and there it is)
GMjunkie said it was in the hose, as well as JBsC5, so that is what information I had available to me, and I trust both of thier advice.
So when the final answer is found, it will benefit all of us to know the exact location of the PCV valve on different model years. I have to do this myself someday.

Once again, I am sorry if erroneous information was posted, but I was just trying to help.

Now I am confused; I will look here momentarily and let every know where this little sucker is hiding.

Thanks,
Bill
It is below the TB at the end of that U shaped Hose!!!!!!!!! there is another hose that hooks up to it you don't see in the photo because it is hidden in the photo!!! Some look like the one pictured and appear as a Splicer in the hose!!!! Some look Like the 1st one below , this is my 03 Z51 and My 02 Z06 looks like the 2nd pictured!!!! The Fat thing in the hose is the PVC valve!!!!:upthumbs

attachment.php

attachment.php

Once again, I am sorry if erroneous information was posted, but I was just trying to help.

Not a problem on this end Pete. It appears it is not readily visible :confused and possibly in differant locations maybe according to various years. Your picture did help me :cool know at least what general location to look. I will report back to everyone where I found that little sucker. Was going to look already but a couple of other things came up but rest assured I will be reporting back ASAP.

Thanks again for your help,

You're not going to believe it I FOUND THAT LITTLE SUCKER :Twist It is definently hidden from human eyes, mine has no U-shaped hose but it was between two hoses that starts along the RH top of the head and runs just below the throttle body area; the PCV was inside the fat end of one of them just like Junk said, but not quite like any of the pictures you all were so kindly to post. I had talked to the dealership and like I said they had no idea, I have the OEM service manuals and couldn't find it in there even though I am sure it has to be somewhere; but I could not find it from PCV or Positive Crankcase Ventilation or other things I thought in might be under. It appears that this one I removed was the original so it did get me a little excited when I found it, had to remove it with pliars. At anyrate I found it and that made my day for sure :W

Thanks again for all those who helped; what a great bunch of :BOW people I am having a :beer now and maybe a couple for each of you.

Thanks again and the mystery has been solved :_rock

Your last post, although from 2007, has saved the day!!!!! I was getting most frustrated...I should have just checked here first! When am I going to learn???

Think CAC...CAC...CAC...CAC...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom