Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Price to install a new starter at a dealer

D

Daves85

It's my understanding that the whole exhaust system has to be dropped just to change the starter.? So, does anyone have an idea what a dealer will charge for the starter and his labor on a 98 .?
thx in advance

Dave, wish i could help you with a price but i'm sure it will be not be good. but i still want to welcome you tothe cac.

It's my understanding that the whole exhaust system has to be dropped just to change the starter.? So, does anyone have an idea what a dealer will charge for the starter and his labor on a 98 .?
thx in advance
Yes, the exhaust system will have to be dropped to get the starter in. I would estimate somewhere in the $400-$600 range. It's not too bad of a job to do yourself for the cost of the starter away from the dealer. Going through GM they are just going to soak you on the cost of the part and the labor. Doing it yourself, you get a rebuilt for $100-$150. If you don't want to do it yourself, find a friend or relative.
Welcome to the CAC anyway.

I got one done in December because I simply didn't have the weekend time to accomplish it myself. And while it was pretty expensive at 690 they were quick and clean about it and now the work and part are guaranteed for life which is nice.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom