Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

power steering groan 1990

Joe8915

Corvette
1990 Blue Steel
I have no leaks and not using any power steering fluid. I have it check with my 3000 oil changes. I sucked out all the old power steering fluid and added new still having the groan. Everything feels normal when driving. Is there some thing that I am missing?;shrug. It does it when its warm outside as well.

I will say when I did suck out the old, it was pretty nasty. It has 68,000 miles on it. Any ideas would help.

I will say when I did suck out the old, it was pretty nasty. It has 68,000 miles on it. Any ideas would help.
Do you know the PS fluid circulates??? After about 10 miles look at it, its probably still muddy. You need to suck it out & add, and run it a few miles and replace it again. Do this about ten times and the fluid will be sparkling clean.

Joe, you could jack up the front end, start up and cycle the wheels back and forth about 10 times. Suction out the fluid and replace. Repeat until the fluid is clear. This should also purge out any air in the system.

Hope this helps :beer

Joe, you could jack up the front end, start up and cycle the wheels back and forth about 10 times. Suction out the fluid and replace. Repeat until the fluid is clear. This should also purge out any air in the system.

Hope this helps :beer
Now thats a good idea, I will try it this weekend.

thanks

Do you know the PS fluid circulates??? After about 10 miles look at it, its probably still muddy. You need to suck it out & add, and run it a few miles and replace it again. Do this about ten times and the fluid will be sparkling clean.

Just a short note, that work like a charm, pump it out twice and the groan is gone, thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom