Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

black strip bumper trim????

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
Is there anything you can get to treat the black strip that runs all the way around the car? A special cleaner or polish to bring it back to its original luster?

I use Turtle Wax ICE on my cars. You can use it on all the vinyl and plastic.
Makes my black trim look like new.

Glenn
:w

I think Ecklers and Mid America both offer something specifically for that. As I recall, it looks like a show polish applicator. Heck, I think Griot's has something also.

I use Turtle Wax ICE on my cars. You can use it on all the vinyl and plastic.
Makes my black trim look like new.

Glenn

Did you apply the ICE stuff to the entire or just the Black trim in the middle of the panels?

I use the ice on everything exterior except tires and chrome. Wipe it on let it dry for about an hr works best , depending on weather. Surface must be clean. If not clean it can get streaky or have a rainbow look.

Glenn

Thx. Today's the day. Nice and sunny. Time to wash and ICE.

WELL this ICE is just TERRIFIC. I did it, took her thru the touchless car wash first - el cheapo cycle $3. Then $9 for the ICE, 45 minutes later she looks like she just came off the showroom floor!! Unbelievable. It lives up to it's promise, put in on enture exterior except glass, and inside on all the vinyl black/tan trim, except leather. Great stuff. Thanks G Winter. I recommend it to everyone. $12 and 45 minutes for a great-looking detailing job.

How much you have left? 3/4 of the bottle ?

Glenn

Not much left - maybe 1/4 to 1/5 left. I'm going to do my Jeep Wrangler too, with its soft top It may be enough.

Did you get the 14 oz bottle ? If so you must have really laid it on thick.
I have done my vette 3 times, a pickup,and a full sized car and still have 1/4 bottle left.

Glenn

Did you get the 14 oz bottle ? If so you must have really laid it on thick.
I have done my vette 3 times, a pickup,and a full sized car and still have 1/4 bottle left.

Glenn
I got a 16 oz jug - or ICE Synthetic Spray Detailer, I just did my Jp wrangler (soft top) and finished off the first jug, used 2/3 of a second jug too. There are a slew of different ICE products so I'm saying which one for that reason. I don't think I have a heavy hand in spraying it on. The JP took more than I would've thought I guess cuz it's always in the sun and weather and the finish got duller. The Vette's in the garage except when driven. The JP came up to a great finish too but it took more rubbing.

Just a follow up - I've given the wheels a treatment with P21S cleaner, and then followed it with the Turtle stuff - another great result! I bow to the Chemical Gods, they've saved me hours of work with the older stuff. That makes me wonder if those claims for big mileage increases using additives are possibly for real. Hmmmmm maybe I'll try sumpin.

Ah! your using the detailer. I was talking about the polish. takes very little of it. I have never used the detailer.

Glenn

Yah I used the detailer cuz it was the only one of the ICE stuff that specifically said it was for the exterior vinyl trim. I've since also used it on the interior vinyl panels - tan and black and they look terrific too. Cleaned up the minor discolorations and marks - looks like new. Did the interior of the JP too, used all of the stuff. Wal mart has it for $8 and change. I'm gonna stock up. I've also ordered some P21S Wheel Soap for polishing the wheels on both toys. If only they had some "Belly Off" in a bottle for me. Detailing me is next on the list.

I've used Meguires trim detail, about $5 for 8oz. bottle, comes in a black container. It goes on like a cream and lasted over a year, very pleased. I've got gallons of all kinds of waxzes, so I don't feel like buying anymore. I have also used Mother's 'Back to Black', but it just looks like Armor All.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom