Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thinking of an 07

76okievette

Corvette
Early 1976 L-48, 2008 Victory Red
OK here's the deal I am proud C3 owner but am thinking about a new 07. Us old car guys are always talking about things like, they this car is special its 1 of 100 built with this option or this color or this eng tranny combo. So with that in mind what would a person want in an 07 if they were planning on giving the car to their grandkids someday and tell them look it's 1 of only 100 built like ??????:)
My thoughs are to get just a completly stock car not one option at all, seems like that not very many are built that way, does this sound logical?
The other choice would be to get one of the special edition cars but not sure I can invest the extra 15 to 20k to do that. Ideas?

What exactly is so special about this "special edition" they are trying to sell you. Tell us a little bit more about it. A lot of times dealers will try to pass off common cars as "limited editions" such as they did with the 2003 Anniversary Edition cars, which were not rare at all, in fact it was the most commonly produced Corvette for 2003!

The only real "special edition" 07s would be the Ron Fellows Z06 or the Indy Pace Car Replica. They both have limited numbers available. If you are just going stock, I would order the 08 and get the optional exhaust for the 436hp. Any Corvette you give your grandkids will be a prize they will treasure.

Your correct there are not many rare vetts like it use to be.Option free is fairly rare.My 03 was one of a kind (not by much ) and it's not bringing any big bucks or intreast on the for sale market.
I'd try to keep my c-3 if I we're you and buy a new stripped 08 which you can order next week or so.

I do plan on keeping the C3, a 1976 and thanks on the advice to wait and look at 08's. I don't to many details about the "special edition" car I was just talking to a sales person online and he said he had a "special editioin" I suspect it just like you said, its a special edition that a dealer ship put together. I still like the option of a option free car but I think I will look at 08's. Thanks

Your correct there are not many rare vetts like it use to be.Option free is fairly rare.My 03 was one of a kind (not by much ) and it's not bringing any big bucks or intreast on the for sale market.
I'd try to keep my c-3 if I we're you and buy a new stripped 08 which you can order next week or so.

2008 can be ordered already.

The following is from The National Corvette Museum:
Corvette Assembly Plant News
plant2-lg.jpg
The Corvette Assembly Plant will begin building the 2008 model during the week of June 25 and our NCM team is ready to schedule Corvette deliveries for the new model year!

If you are planning to schedule a tour of the Corvette Assembly Plant in the next few weeks, remember that the plant will be closed from June 29 through July 16.

2008 models will be produced soon!!:beer

OK here's the deal I am proud C3 owner but am thinking about a new 07. Us old car guys are always talking about things like, they this car is special its 1 of 100 built with this option or this color or this eng tranny combo. So with that in mind what would a person want in an 07 if they were planning on giving the car to their grandkids someday and tell them look it's 1 of only 100 built like ??????:)
My thoughs are to get just a completly stock car not one option at all, seems like that not very many are built that way, does this sound logical?
The other choice would be to get one of the special edition cars but not sure I can invest the extra 15 to 20k to do that. Ideas?

Wait for the 08 - 230-236 hp. But..you should be able to get a real good deal in Sept. for an 07

Buy a Corvette for now. If you are going for an investment, you will likely do better putting it in the stock market, bonds, real estate, etc. Don't anticipate any great return from buying a car with unusual option list. In the past, the horsepower rating has generally been the best predictor of a specific vehicle's value. But the rising gas prices may leave muscle cars on the unwanted list. Also, you can't realy predict what the grandkids will like. My son is 12 and is a fan of the Nissan 350Z (that's OK; it's a cute car).
Gersh

I also have a 1978 Siver Anniversary. No comparision they are two different cars. Buy one to enjoy now not what it may or may not be worth in 30 years. Base cars are not rare. Check Ebay or Kerbecks there are plenty base cars out there. As always condition, color and options will determine value down the road. If you want exclusivity pay for the non standard color option and get a combination you think no one else will. That might give you a low production number. Just pick what will be hot in 2037.

There is a big difference in "rare" and "desirable"

If you order a stripped down corvette (there are plenty of them built anyway, because dealers like to use them as loss leaders) even if it is rare, it isn't desirable.

The best is desirable and rare...

Great thoughts and I understant what everyone is saying, I was not planning on buying the car as an investement it would be a car to enjoy and drive right now but it would not be my daily driver I have other cars for that. The point of desirable vs rare is well noted. I guess in the end I will just get the one that I like the best and is the most fun to drive and then worry about the other stuff in 20 years or so. I just know that if I make the investment it will be a car that I keep until I am to old to drive any more. Thanks again

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom