Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tail of the Dragon

H

HarleyNautique

The week of 7-9-07 we drove our "03" Vette down to Maryville,TN.
Pick up a Harley Davidson Electric Glide Ultra Classic, rode the Tail of the Dragon, Blue Ridge parkway, Sky Line Drive and rolled into Washington D.C. to view the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
Fantastic trip.

smilies-42650.png

Sounds like a great time!! Awesome roads and breathtaking views - works for me!!

:wJane Ann

Why are you driving with your top up?????;shrug Scott:beer Welcome to the CAC Harley

I drove it several times over the span of 3 days... some with the top up, some with it down. I just considered the two photos in my sig to be the best of the bunch. :D And I am using a top down photo for my avatar. ;)

Here's a top down version:
2401_and_2407_800.jpg

:w

Welcome Aboard. Enjoy !!!! :beer

I drove it several times over the span of 3 days... some with the top up, some with it down. I just considered the two photos in my sig to be the best of the bunch. :D And I am using a top down photo for my avatar. ;)

Here's a top down version:
2401_and_2407_800.jpg

:w
Nice Vette, I just thought maybe you were scared of Dragon's, and feel safer with the top up....:chuckle Scott:beer

Nice Vette, I just thought maybe you were scared of Dragon's, and feel safer with the top up....:chuckle Scott:beer
Surely you jest! I respect the Dragon. I do not fear him. ;)

B4_AA4_Dragon_Fire_Yellow_Oct2007.jpg

Sorry for the hijack, Harley. Back to your regularly scheduled introductions. ;)

Welcome - again - to the Corvette Action Center!

Surely you jest! I respect the Dragon. I do not fear him. ;)

B4_AA4_Dragon_Fire_Yellow_Oct2007.jpg

Sorry for the hijack, Harley. Back to your regularly scheduled introductions. ;)

Welcome - again - to the Corvette Action Center!

:hijackI have been known to try to be a clown now and then,:W and it usually backfires. I was trying to be funny with you,;help and you are right the pictures you posted with the top up are the better of the four. Will you accept my apology?:BOW I don't know if you know it or not, but I lucked out and got reservations at the Silverwood because you canceled at the time I was trying to get in, so I owe you one anyway. Looking forward to meeting you at the Dragon Run. Also Harley I appoligize for hacking in on your new member greetings, these CAC:CAC People are a great group. You will make many new friends. Scott :beer

Relax Scott - no harm, no foul. I haven't taken offense at all. I knew you were teasing me, at least I thought you were. :)

I'm glad you were able to get the room at the CF hotel when I had to cancel. I'm only too happy someone got to enjoy the stay in my place. :upthumbs

Looking forward to meeting you at Fall DragonFest too. :cool

I was in a group of 4 vettes we just made the trip to tail of the dragon in June We had a GREAT time with the cars at the tail!
Do you remember seeing this place at the tail?
Attailofdragon.jpg

Also a few stickers I picked up when I was there
acoupletaildecals.jpg

Welcome Harley, sounds as though it was a good time. I'm doing the Dragon a week from Tuesday!

Welcome Harley, sounds as though it was a good time. I'm doing the Dragon a week from Tuesday!

Howdy Tom, What route are you taking, I live in Mt. Vernon, IL at the crossroads of I 57 & I 64, if you are cruising near by and need a rest stop my home is open to you, I have plenty of room, so come on down. MY ph is 618 244 2956 or Cell ph is 618 339 3470 call me and I will give you directions:Steer any time. Scott:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom