Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A few mods...

C

C3RVETTE

Just wanted to share a few things I've done to my '79,some awhile back and some very new... 1979 C3 Corvette *
-* (factory options, see below)

List of modifications:-
Vette Brakes & Products.
-Stainless steel ‘O’-ring calipers
-Dual-mount composite monospring kits, front & rear( lowered Vette 1.5 inches)
-Tubular upper & lower A-arms - Stainless O-ring style calipers
-Smart Struts
-HD tie rods
-Spreader Bar
- Spicer HD U-joints
Madvet 2-tone leather seats,& console panels,-door sills
Energy Suspension-Hyperflex poly bushings
Dynomax Ceramacoat headers into 2.5" dual exhaust with H crossover
Flowmaster 40 series mufflers,
Holley 650, electric choke, zinc finish
Weiand Action+ aluminum dual plane manifold
Powermaster polished stainless 100A alternator w/ polished billet pulley & fan
K&N filter 14 x 3 air cleaner housing
MSD optimized HEI ignition
American Racing Torq Thrust II 17 x 8" wheels, 4" BS
Kumho 245-45-17" rubber
Polished aluminum, flamed, tall valve covers
Hawk HPS brake pads
Bowtie Overdrives, Level 2, TH200-R4 OD tranny
3.55 rear end
Dewitt aluminum radiator/dual electric fan conversion
Chromed Amerex halotron fire extinguisher, floor mounted, pass. side
‘Red walnut’ center console trim
Lloyds black carpet cargo mat w/ embroidered C3 flags logo
Pioneer rear 6 x 9's in custom form-fitting fiberglass enclosures
Sony Xplod 10" subwoofer in custom made enclosure, w/ ‘Stingray’ emblem & emb.flags-logo
Pioneer CD/MP3/WMA with AM/FM tuner w/remote & sub control .......... Lloyds blk.carpeted floor mats w/emb.C3 flags logo and bordered in red trim
Ultimate Pedals aluminum brake & accelerator pedals,resized for my sz.13's
Flamed shift knob,minus detent button
American Custom Industries Vented Hi-Rise Hood
(*) air conditioning,- tilt/tele steering wheel
-rear defogger -sport mirrors -cruise control ,-auto trans ,glass roof panels :w --P.S. Also added Astrotop,& flamed windshield "C3RVETTE" graphic

any pics?
tom
800x600.jpg
800x600hoodup-1.jpg
:w

hey C3RVETTE, that car is sliiiiiick. by the way, how do you like the flowmaster 40s'? see ya,,,,,,mike

hey C3RVETTE, that car is sliiiiiick. by the way, how do you like the flowmaster 40s'? see ya,,,,,,mike
Theyre OK,but I'd actually like something a bit LOUDER!:D I've been told several times also,that they arent"flowmasters"...that theyre actually a bit restrictive. I'm kinda looking around for alternatives. Someday,I may switch to Hooker sidepipes maybe,too.

New 2-tone leather & door sills->
reduced.2toneleathersills.jpg
Flamed auto shift knob,minus top pushbutton...console trim->
reduced-email.jpg
Local firehouse (oops,cut off the back & front end)->
reduced800x600.jpg

Thanx! Approx. 1.5" lower than stock,& I have to be very careful of uneven road surfaces,pulling into some parking areas,... because it will possibly scrape the spoiler,etc.:mad Its one reason I still have the plastic one,instead of fiberglass like I wanted;squint:

Theyre OK,but I'd actually like something a bit LOUDER!:D I've been told several times also,that they arent"flowmasters"...that theyre actually a bit restrictive. I'm kinda looking around for alternatives. Someday,I may switch to Hooker sidepipes maybe,too.

Hey, Very nice Car !!! I simply love it !!!

I think I have the answer for you, I had flowmaster 40's and I was very disapointed. Not loud enouph for me, I bought the Mid America's dual chambered exaust and Now it sounds like it should. Very satisfied now. Get rid of those flowmaster and go with chambered exhaust, If you like loud, you won't regret.

you have the choice of 2" pipes or 2.5" . I've chosen 2.5", not much room left under and will rub on the pavement once in a while in rouph roads but definitively worth it. my leaf spring are weak too. After I replace it , maybe it won't rub anymore.

here's a video of my car with chambered exaust so you can see how it sounds like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kukI2LnxrqY

tepot with my power set up i used the 340 rated carbon fiber spring.. got it from Ecklers.. I also used KYB gas shocks and they have been excellent...

I used new polyurethane bushings all over the place.. now the car rides like a newer C5 or 6 series.. no banging clanging etc... no wallowing!

you might not want to go as deep on the spring depending on your HP output

I also am using adjustable race struts... that made another difference

good luck but try poly with the switch over in the spring too

tepot with my power set up i used the 340 rated carbon fiber spring.. got it from Ecklers.. I also used KYB gas shocks and they have been excellent...

I used new polyurethane bushings all over the place.. now the car rides like a newer C5 or 6 series.. no banging clanging etc... no wallowing!

you might not want to go as deep on the spring depending on your HP output

I also am using adjustable race struts... that made another difference

good luck but try poly with the switch over in the spring too
I've got everything you mentioned(KYB,composite springs,Smart Struts),except 'race struts'.I may have to bite the bullet,& raise it back up just a little. I forget what my springs are rated at,so maybe that could be adjusted,too. I will either go with chambered exhaust or do more research on just better flowing mufflers. I do have a 2.5" exhaust,& ceraminc headers already

C3R

If you are running a milder motor than me it is a very good idea to use an H or X pipe set up.. that will even out the pressure .... I am going to go to a 3 inch custom build next season..

the mufflers don't do much... but if you like sound you can mess with those.... Dynaflo, Flowmaster.. whatever.. I have some crummy little cans on mine... I wanted to stop spending and drive LOL.... then I had this surgery so no time to do anything this season.. over the winter I will do it.....

where the mufflers are is a pretty good distance from the motor so they are not such a restriction as on some cars....

try an H piece..

enjoy the car.. looks nice....

From my mod list above->
Dynomax Ceramacoat headers into 2.5" dual exhaust with H crossover
Flowmaster 40 series mufflers,
It actually quieted it down AFTER installing the crossover! I've heard Dynomax Ultraflows flow better,but dont know if that equates to louder,as well...

Hey, Very nice Car !!! I simply love it !!!

I think I have the answer for you, I had flowmaster 40's and I was very disapointed. Not loud enouph for me, I bought the Mid America's dual chambered exaust and Now it sounds like it should. Very satisfied now. Get rid of those flowmaster and go with chambered exhaust, If you like loud, you won't regret.

you have the choice of 2" pipes or 2.5" . I've chosen 2.5", not much room left under and will rub on the pavement once in a while in rouph roads but definitively worth it. my leaf spring are weak too. After I replace it , maybe it won't rub anymore.

here's a video of my car with chambered exaust so you can see how it sounds like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kukI2LnxrqY

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kukI2LnxrqY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kukI2LnxrqY[/URL]
I'm using dial-up..;squint:

How did you do the ‘Red walnut’ center console trim.

Totally love it!

How did you do the ‘Red walnut’ center console trim.

Totally love it!
Its not wood,but a kind of wood burl look as red as I could find.Its got an adhesive backing that you peel backing paper off to stick down.I only removed it in corners,etc in case I need to remove it. I bought it from these guys--> http://www.woodtrim.com/ ...but I searched & see they dont offer any longer,dash kits for C3 Vettes.;squint:

Cherry Bomb glass packs if you can find 'em. I've had mine for years and have always been happy with 'em. Especially since the packing blew out years ago! :D
They have some that are angled just right for mounting up correctly with the existing exhaust and hangers.

Car looks nice! I like the interior best... :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom