Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A guy who knows what he likes (post pics of your garage)

Brangeta

I always love seeing garages like this. It's always great to see someone who is devoted to one model of car! This garage was in the background of an ebay ad where the owner is selling this interesting Jaguar XK8.
6de2_3.JPG

Someday my personal garage will have our '02 35th Anniversary Edition Camaro SS, '95 Camaro Z28, and a beautiful Callaway C8 in it. I'm in no rush though. The passing down of the Camaros can wait many years. :)

What do your garages look like Callaway friends? Is your garage bigger than your house? Show what you've got! :)

This is what my family's garage currently looks like:
n18800375_30978322_6209.jpg

I come from families of car nuts on both sides; my mother's father had 4 '60s Corvettes at one time during the 70s. One of which was a blue 427 that Jay Leno currently owns. My Dad has a '92 white Corvette with white leather interior. My dad's brother has a '69 Camaro and '65 Corvette (I think those are the proper years). I wish I had pictures of their garages. :)

I don't really have pics of my garage, other than a small pic here & there...

We have one garage for the cars, another for the daily drivers, and another structure for all the stuff we do not want near the cars... It started out to be a shed, but with a garage door on it and the size of it, that really isn't the case anymore :eek

If your garage isn't as big as the avg. size home in 1960, there is someting wrong with your priorities ;) :upthumbs

We designed our second garage, soon after moving into the house. People stopped as the foundation was being dug, asking if another house was going in :eek

When we went to build our shed and had the roof trusses delivered, it was like that all over again! One guy came over and said, this looks like it going to be HUGE :eek
I said, stay tuned... :D

attachment.php

Sigh....

Someday I'll have the time and energy to evict numerous tools and stuff that keeps my cars company.

Very Nice

-Luigi
:cool

I feel a bit embarrased showing my garage, :ugh

Mine is actually a wooden house which me and my family lived in for 3 years when we were building the house and shop.

the tail of my Vette is actually on the place where my bed was back then.

My own house does not have a garage or driveway and I am waiting till a very nice house in our town gets available for me to buy and priority will be a good garage,carport and driveway.

ok, enough blabla, here are some pics.

photo27.jpg

photo25.jpg

SIMG1847.JPG

more pics of my Vette and the restoration of the interior can be found here
http://members.home.nl/callawaycorvette/restoration

If your garage isn't as big as the avg. size home in 1960, there is someting wrong with your priorities ;) :upthumbs
Mine is 2000 sq.ft.Bigger than My House!!!;LOL ;LOL ;LOL But I make my living in it!!!:upthumbs

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You know Jeroenvgfn, it isn't the size of the garage that's important. :) It's the ability of it to care for your car. I think your's is just fine. :)

It's kind of funny, but ever since my parents' divorce, the most important consideration we've had when moving is whether or not the house or apartment had a garage to store our Camaros. :)

After visiting with Turbo Joe (Magic Dragon) and stopping by his place, I thought I would bring this thread back to the top.

Turbo Joe had a two-car garage on his house when he bought it but then added a 3 bay (six-car) "Texas" garage to his home. One cool feature is the french doors that lead to it from the house- you can probably eat your breakfast while checking the cars out!:cool

I thought Joe had some pics - maybe he will post some.

In the meantime, show your garages!!!!!!!! :beer

Big Pic's

Here are a few pic's to show off my garage. Some of the features are 200amp electric service, utility sink, 2 inside water spigits, floor drain, 12 - 8 foot dual bulb 120watt high output lights, 9000LBS lift, 7'x26' floored (attic) storage, 2 -5'x5' windows and a partridge in a pear tree- hehe. I'm saving up to finish the inside walls and for a heat pump. I hope to have it completed within a year.
:D
joe_s_garage.jpg

1st_indoor_wash.jpg

jk_pics_009.jpg

his_and_hers.jpg

Here are a few pic's to show off my garage. Some of the features are 200amp electric service, utility sink, 2 inside water spigits, floor drain, 12 - 8 foot dual bulb 120watt high output lights, 9000LBS lift, 7'x26' floored (attic) storage, 2 -5'x5' windows and a partridge in a pear tree- hehe. I'm saving up to finish the inside walls and for a heat pump. I hope to have it completed within a year.

I think the best part of it all, is the indoor wash bay/drain.

The useable part I suppose, is that lift! The whole setup is well thought out and integrated into the house :cool

More smaller pic's

Thanks Chris! I spent "some" time designing- when through lot's of balled up drawings.... I drew up 5 different lighting configurations before deciding on one. Figuring out the truss layout for the lift was fun. I enjoyed drawing up the electrical plan. Each bay can be lighted independently, the first bay also has an inside the house switch. There are 2 GFI circuits, the outlets alternate between the two circuits around the garage. I put an outlet in the vertical transition between the lift bay and 2nd bay for a drop light spool. I ran a circuit for a welder and one for a large compressor (220V). The garage is 35'x40'. While it can hold lot's of cars it's really made as a shop. In the end it seems to fit my current needs pretty well.

verticaltrans_2-3_bay.jpg

lotsa_parking.jpg

bay_switches.jpg

ahh_space.jpg

200ampservice.jpg

Thanks Chris! I spent "some" time designing- when through lot's of balled up drawings.... I drew up 5 different lighting configurations before deciding on one. Figuring out the truss layout for the lift was fun. I enjoyed drawing up the electrical plan. Each bay can be lighted independently, the first bay also has an inside the house switch. There are 2 GFI circuits, the outlets alternate between the two circuits around the garage. I put an outlet in the vertical transition between the lift bay and 2nd bay for a drop light spool. I ran a circuit for a welder and one for a large compressor (220V). The garage is 35'x40'. While it can hold lot's of cars it's really made as a shop. In the end it seems to fit my current needs pretty well.

200ampservice.jpg

Joe, did you pull a new feed from the roadside power box or, was your aux. panel fed off the existing power? How many amps and how large of a breaker is it for your 220 circuit for the lift? :beer

While planning the garage I called the power company and they sent an engineer over to discuss what I needed to do. He determined that the existing feed from the transformer would support another 200 amp service(400 total for my property). So what I did was add a disconnect box from the existing meter and ran a piece of 3 wire to the box in the garage. Culpeper Co. VA code allowed me to mount the disconnect box next to the meter(see arrow). The lift uses a 30amp breaker. It takes up the space that 2 - 15amp\20amp breakers would use. But if your looking for room in your existing box you can get slim or double 15 and 20 amp breakers. That would allow you to replace 2 of the regular breakers with one of the slim design type- do that twice and viola- an open spot for your 30amp breaker.
disconnectbox.jpg

Joe, as you know, I have a detatched garage and the pwer is a 3-wire feed off a breaker in the house panel to the garage sub-panel. I think it is 60 amp. There are four breakers in there, 15amps ea.

I just do not want to add another meter head, which I do not think is needed...

I have 200 amp svc. to the house.

Thing's that make you go Hmmmmm. You could possibly double up your 15 amp breakers, then add the 30 amp., that would make a 90 amp draw IF you were running everything at once. You could add a switch to the lift power and only turn it on when you wanted to use it (I have this on mine,mounted above the lift motor, but it's there to keep the kid's from playing "Ride-A-Lift"). The 3 wire from my disconnect box to the panel in the garage is 200amp 3 wire- that's the big azz wire coming out of the top of the panel in the previous post. I'm not a professional electrician- so you might want to consult one for other options.

Nice job! That will be sweet when you have it finished. Looks like you have room for another Callaway corvette.:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom