Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A guy who knows what he likes (post pics of your garage)

Joe, as you know, I have a detatched garage and the pwer is a 3-wire feed off a breaker in the house panel to the garage sub-panel. I think it is 60 amp. There are four breakers in there, 15amps ea.

I just do not want to add another meter head, which I do not think is needed...

I have 200 amp svc. to the house.

Chris,
If you only have 3 wires running to the new garage, It is probalby only 110 volts. 220 volts is run with 4 wires. You would need to pull an additional 110 volt wire, that would add up to 220. They are different 110 wires. Most auto lifts are less than 20 amps, so a 20 amp, 220 volt breaker would work.

Chris,
If you only have 3 wires running to the new garage, It is probalby only 110 volts. 220 volts is run with 4 wires. You would need to pull an additional 110 volt wire, that would add up to 220. They are different 110 wires. Most auto lifts are less than 20 amps, so a 20 amp, 220 volt breaker would work.

...I guess I should be glad it is in conduit ;help

Nice job! That will be sweet when you have it finished. Looks like you have room for another Callaway corvette.:upthumbs

Thanks CallawayZ06, Yes Yes- I see many Callaway's in my future.....I'm picturing a C12 in my garage now! It WILL happen. It was great seeing you and your wonderful Callaway at Carlisle this year. Thanks for bringing it out for all to enjoy.

...I guess I should be glad it is in conduit ;help

I think that was a smart move Chris. Redb2k's has a good point. There are a few way's to getr done. If I were you I'd figure out which lift you wanted, and have the elec specs, then talk to an electrician. Good Luck with your new project!!!!!!!
:upthumbs:beer

Thanks CallawayZ06, Yes Yes- I see many Callaway's in my future.....I'm picturing a C12 in my garage now! It WILL happen. It was great seeing you and your wonderful Callaway at Carlisle this year. Thanks for bringing it out for all to enjoy.
RUF Auto Centre here in Dallas has had the pearl white C12 so long that I'm sure you could haggle with the price a bit ;). It was nice, though the red interior doesn't photograph well when the flash is used.

RUF Auto Centre here in Dallas has had the pearl white C12 so long that I'm sure you could haggle with the price a bit ;). It was nice, though the red interior doesn't photograph well when the flash is used.
I think I remember some of the pic's you took, did it have a skinned chin? If I remember correctly that was a fine specimen. Alas- It's out of my price range unless I could haggle them down to say 60K -hehe. :boogie For now a dream but I have been known to make those happen.:D Thanks for keeping an eye peeled for me Brangeta!!!:upthumbs

I think I remember some of the pic's you took, did it have a skinned chin? If I remember correctly that was a fine specimen. Alas- It's out of my price range unless I could haggle them down to say 60K -hehe. :boogie For now a dream but I have been known to make those happen.:D Thanks for keeping an eye peeled for me Brangeta!!!:upthumbs
I'm super perfectionistic as far as body work goes (don't know much about mechanical work) but I gotta say it was in amazing near perfect shape. The front lip is so low to the ground that I could hardly imagine one without minor damage. My Camaro Z28 has more damage to the underside of the nose, and it's probably 3 inches higher off the ground. I wouldn't let that deter you from buying it, though I think 60K might be a bit low for them to accept! :) If they'd take $20k, I'd be driving it around right now! ;LOL

Brangeta, I share your love of the Camaro - my first new car was a 83 Z28, RPO69 H.O. w\5sp. no option including no A\C.....FLIPPED IT. My second new car was a 91 Camaro RS 5sp. V8....sold it. Both were lots of fun. Best of Luck finding your C8 Callaway!!

Brangeta, I share your love of the Camaro - my first new car was a 83 Z28, RPO69 H.O. w\5sp. no option including no A\C.....FLIPPED IT. My second new car was a 91 Camaro RS 5sp. V8....sold it. Both were lots of fun. Best of Luck finding your C8 Callaway!!
Thanks MagicDragon, :beer Camaros are good cars, and fun cars, despite the lack of respect they get in many circles. I hope to have a C8 in the next year to year and a half *crosses fingers*. This will of course be much to my chagrin when I have my insurance appraise the value of it, and my insurance rate goes through the roof! (I'm only 22 years old :W).

There is nothing wrong with owning a C8 and living in a tent! :rotfl. There are some speciality insurance companys out there that might be able to help, If you use the car the way they want you to- like driving it for pleasure only, under 2000 miles a year.....have a great driving record.... Do your homework, you might be surprised. Maybe you have a friend or family member who lives in the country where you can register the car. In the city insurance rates are usually higher. You could always get married and have children- I'm not sure if that's good advice.hehe That would probably cost you a heck of alot more than the C8 :)

There is nothing wrong with owning a C8 and living in a tent! :rotfl. There are some speciality insurance companys out there that might be able to help, If you use the car the way they want you to- like driving it for pleasure only, under 2000 miles a year.....have a great driving record.... Do your homework, you might be surprised. Maybe you have a friend or family member who lives in the country where you can register the car. In the city insurance rates are usually higher. You could always get married and have children- I'm not sure if that's good advice.hehe That would probably cost you a heck of alot more than the C8 :)
You and I may need to have a talk when I get closer to buying one. ;LOLI may need some further advice, but I don't think marriage is the solution!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom