Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wanted; 1970-1972 LT-1 Hood

Heepajeep1

Corvette
1970 Coupe, 1971 LT-1 Convertible
I am looking for a REAL GM 1970-1972 LT-1 hood for a Steel Cities Gray '71 LT-1.... NOT a big-block hood with the holes for the numbers filled in. Color isn't important, but will pay very well for a real LT-1 hood. Email Heepajeep1@sbcglobal.net if you have one lying in your garage taking up space.....!:chuckle

I am looking for a REAL GM 1970-1972 LT-1 hood for a Steel Cities Gray '71 LT-1.... NOT a big-block hood with the holes for the numbers filled in. Color isn't important, but will pay very well for a real LT-1 hood. Email Heepajeep1@sbcglobal.net if you have one lying in your garage taking up space.....!:chuckle

Hi
I may have one for sale. I bought a big block that came with an extra hood and I looked at it last night and could not find holes like for the numbers. Tell me how to really check it out for you and we can go from there if you are still looking.
Mike

Possible LT-1 Hood!?!?

View attachment 16101

View attachment 16102

View attachment 16103

View attachment 16104

View attachment 16105

View attachment 16106

These are pics of a GM Big Block hood I have that had the number holes filled in. As you can see, it's really obvious from the underside, although maybe in your case they did a really nice job of hiding the fills, so you may have to look harder. But the numbers & circles that are molded in the back of the fiberglass up near the top of the hood, as far as I know, are the telltale signs. Also, if you run your fingers around the outer edges of the whole hood, there should be little or no gaps between the top (outer shell) and inner shell. Repro's usually have a good gap between the two.

If your hood looks like the one pictured minus the filled-in holes, you may have what I'm looking for. Just to make sure, are you sure it's a big block hood and not an L88 hood? Just wanna make sure...If you could send ANY pics, that would be GREAT. Send them right to Heepajeep1@sbcglobal.net, and title the email "BB Hood" or something so it doesn't go in my spam folder. AWESOME!! I hope this is the start of something very cool....the sad part is, there's actually a lot of them out there, but everybody drilled them for the numbers for whatever they had under the hood and ruined them. Go figure.
Thank you for contacting me, and I hope to hear from you soon!!

Jeremy
Heepajeep1@sbcglobal.net

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom