Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Optima red top battery

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
Hi

Well my orig Delco just died so l have to replace it. Advance has a good sale on the red top for $125 plus a $25 mail in rebate but l have read in the past that l would need a battery mat in case of leakage.

Am l better off with a dealer replacement Delco so that l can forget about the mat. My present battery is the orig and l have a reg 2002 and it lasted 6 yrs.

Thanks

Alan

Red top is a gel-type battery. Would not need a mat.

I have been running a red top for almost three years.

My Vette starts faster than with any other battery.

Would I buy another one?

Probably not.

Why?

Every Spring I would just get the cheapest I could find. Next Spring I would warranty that battery or just buy another cheapie.

I would be ahead money-wise.

SAVE THE :w

i need to buy a battery myself, the last one i bought from advance has proven to be the biggest POS i have ever owned (replaced it twice so far in as many years) they havent give me a problem with replacing it at all but its in a daily driver and has left my wife stranded twice!

was considering a gel cell this time around for the vette but dont see why i should spend the extra on it!

on another note $100.00 is a pretty good deal for that battery..... ityts not just a advance auto parts deal, if you can find it cheaper you can get the rebate no matter what

I recently replace the OE Delco with an Optima. I went with it because that's what I've been using in my boat and have never had a problem with it. I purchased mine at Costco, membership store in Calif. The good thing about Costco is that there is an unwritten lifetime warranty on the battery, just as there is on ALL of the items they sell except electronics, ie: tv, stereos, etc. Not sure what type of membership stores you have in your state or even if they sell Optima's.

I recently replace the OE Delco with an Optima. I went with it because that's what I've been using in my boat and have never had a problem with it. I purchased mine at Costco, membership store in Calif. The good thing about Costco is that there is an unwritten lifetime warranty on the battery, just as there is on ALL of the items they sell except electronics, ie: tv, stereos, etc. Not sure what type of membership stores you have in your state or even if they sell Optima's.

I've had a Optima Red Top in my 2003 for the last two years and no problem at all. Considering the price I'd replace my red top with the same thing. The battery gets high praise at different car forum/site and it's been used by a lot of boaters and high performance car with excellant results. But you did get six years from your old Delco. the only problem i have with the Delco is leakage in past batteries, and the ECM, PCM sits right below the battery tray, if it develops a leak your in trouble. my 0.02

I purchased mine at Costco, membership store in Calif. The good thing about Costco is that there is an unwritten lifetime warranty on the battery, just as there is on ALL of the items they sell except electronics, ie: tv, stereos, etc.

That is so cool! I never ever knew that or for that matter, never ever even dreamed that a store would have a policy like that!

SAVE THE :w

I forever had trouble with the concept of buying a membership to be able to "buy" stuff. But, this definately makes $ense!

. . .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom