Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'04 Radio Problem

ICOMP

Corvette
2007 Black Z51 Coupe and 2004 Magnetic Red Coupe
The cd player in my '04 coupe seems to have suffered catastrophic failure! It only seldom takes a disc without ejecting it. When this occurs the "err" message comes up in the display. When it accepts the disc, theres a loud distortion and the disc speed seems to slow down and speed up. I'm pretty sure that the unit will need to come out. Anybody know of a place where I can have it repaired?

ICOMP

Thanks...Located a place near me the other day. How hard is it to get the unit out of the car?

Icomp

Before you do a thing,Insert 1 if these and clean it!!:thumb
It may take more than once!!!:thumb
Works great on the disk drives on your computer too!!:upthumbs

attachment.php

It's the first thing that I tried. No such luck for me! Thanks...

ICOMP

the sad part is you might be able to replace and upgrade cheaper..thats the route i would go[/quote

You're right. I bought a reconditioned unit for $20 more than it would have cost to repair the defective unit. Got the old unit out and the new one in with no major issues. Thanks!

The cd player in my '04 coupe seems to have suffered catastrophic failure! It only seldom takes a disc without ejecting it. When this occurs the "err" message comes up in the display. When it accepts the disc, theres a loud distortion and the disc speed seems to slow down and speed up. I'm pretty sure that the unit will need to come out. Anybody know of a place where I can have it repaired?

ICOMP

For the future: Queen City Radio at W. 12th & Central Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio.

The owner, George, is a long-time Corvette owner. Here is their web site: http://www.queencityradio.com/

They have been in business for a long, long time at this location and they repair Delco and other brand radios for dealers.

Good luck.

I would chek to see if the theft protection has been set. I thing that once the radio comes out, you have to enter the code to unlock it. Maybe someone else can chime in here if thats not the case.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom