Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

0-60 times

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
Hi

2002 with the performance rear (3.15) auto, what should my 0-60 times be and what would be the difference with a blackwing?

I understand that each vette is a little different as well as the driver. All that l am looking for is a guess.

Thanks

Alan:beer

My 01 Convertible w/a4 & 3.15 axle ran 2.9 seconds 60' mark and ran 12.98 @ 107mph at Beech Bend Park KY. It was stock except for stock size Firestone Firehawks. Top up rolled out off the line and nailed it in 2003.

Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm serious about 0-60 times. Were you running nitro?

Alan:beer

I think he wrote 60' as in sixty feet, so you didnt get the answer you were looking for.
As far as the time for mine, sorry, never timed it, all I know is that its usually a whole lot faster then anyone else around me :) (on the road that is).

That is hard to answer. The surface conditions, what tires you are running, driver skill, etc are all factors. Wheelspin is slow, so the trick is to go as fast as you can without excessive wheelspin. I have heard times of just under 5 seconds for the LS1 C5 and right at 4 seconds for the Z06. I would be surprised if you could measure a difference using a different air filter. Maybe in the quarter mile, but not 0-60.

Thanks

For some reason l thought that l read that the published 0-60 times was approx 5.7 sec's.

The only reason that l was questioning this is because it seems no matter what new vehicle that is coming out is capable of 0-60 times in the low 6 sec's.;shrug

So far l have only lost to another vette but again l would not waste my time with a ricer. That does not mean that they are slower just different.

alan:beer

Hi

I found this on the National Corvette Museum site and what it really said is that with the 2001 model year an auto coupe with the perf rear is as quick as a 2000 with a 6 spd.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2001 Corvette Coupe/Convertible Acceleration[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Trans[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Axle[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0-60 MPH[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/4 Mile[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Improvement[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A4[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2.73[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4.90 Sec[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]13.65 Sec[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].25 Sec[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A4[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3.15[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4.75 Sec[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]13.50 Sec[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].25 Sec:upthumbs [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]M6[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3.42[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4.55 Sec[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]13.25 Sec[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].15 Sec[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Improved Bay-to-Bay Breathing[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I find this very interesting to say the least.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Alan:beer

[/FONT]

Alan

Between 5 and 6 seconds is about what a stock C5 auto of your year is capable of. There are soooooo many variables.

My 99 did the 1/4 in 13.12, there is no way tell exactly how log it took to hit 60 based on that - from previous experiance my 6 speed takes about 5 flat.

The blackwing will have more of an impact in the 1/4 mile.

Hey Kingman, I've often wondered the exact same thing about my 2004 (a4/3.15)...

Like you, I had read a "published time" of 5.7 seconds 0-60....

It is surprising that most new cars publish under 6 second 0-60 times...

I used my Gtech to get a 1/4 mile time of 12.96 which seemed pretty accurate...unfortunately, I don't remember the 0-60 time....

Maybe thats a good reason to do it again!...

My 2001 Coupe A4 w/ 3.15 did a 0-60 MPH at 5.07 seconds with a full tank of gas on a rather cold day (53F) on asphalt. That's using a GTECH meter. The 1/4 mile was 13.39 secs at 110.3 MPH. I think I can beat that on a warmer day, the Goodyears don't hookup much below about 80F.
My only mods are a K&N FIPK and Flowmaster mufflers.
STW, Doc

I have the 6 speed with the 3.42 gears. Also have the cold air intake and headers.
Using my freinds gtech, I clocked an average 4.4 secs. I did a sweet 4.2 and change once even. I do feel I have a strong motor from the factory as well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom