Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 01 heater / AC display

sincro

Corvette
1965 coupe, and a 2001 coupe
The AC / heater display in my 01 coupe has gone out. The heater and AC still work but I can't see what temperature it is set for. Does anyone have any insight into how I can fix this problem?
;shrug

HVAC display

Now that is what I am talking about. This is a great site to gain and share knowledge. 03WhiteConv. thanks for the information. I will take it apart this weekend and give it a try. With the detailed information you provided, it should be a relatively easy repair.

I think you are dead on target with this fix. The way it kept getting dimmer and dimmer, it sounds just like loose circuit board parts or plugs.

I will advise what I find and achieve.

Glad to help. Not my fix though, I will eventually do this one too, but I was reading up and found alot of folks had this same problem. Make sure to read about the different types of soldering irons, some have had problems overheating. There is a vendor out there that will do it for you for not too much money. Can't remember where I saw that. Good luck and let us know how if goes.

OUTSTANDING HVAC fix

03WhiteConv, You are the man. I removed the console and pulled the HVAC control panel out of the dash as per the instructions you gave me. I bought a 15 watt soldering pencel from Radio Shack for $9 and Proceeded to re-solder the chips you highlighted (I had the other board layout so thanks for including both layouts.), and would you believe, it works like new now. I was very careful to only apply just enough heat to get the solder to melt. The entire repair from start to finish only took about 1 hour.

Thank You very much for the perfect response to my question. Man, I like this bunch of Corvette nuts.

:w

This is what this forum is all about...vette people helping vette people.

HVAC Fix

That is what is so great about owning a Corvette and following this forum. I have been in other forums for special interest vehicles and they aren't anywhere near as helpful as this group. I have a 65 coupe and an 01 coupe and have been able to get fixes for problems here that have kept me from spending big bucks as well as gaining the knowledge needed to maintain my vehicles.

I don't have any faith in most repair shops. They either charge an arm and a leg or they don't have trained people. I know there are really good and well trained service people out there but from my experience, most are just parts changers until they find the problem. I like to do my own maintenance if at all possible. That way, I know it is done right and I gain the knowledge.
:w

That is what is so great about owning a Corvette and following this forum. I have been in other forums for special interest vehicles and they aren't anywhere near as helpful as this group. I have a 65 coupe and an 01 coupe and have been able to get fixes for problems here that have kept me from spending big bucks as well as gaining the knowledge needed to maintain my vehicles.

I don't have any faith in most repair shops. They either charge an arm and a leg or they don't have trained people. I know there are really good and well trained service people out there but from my experience, most are just parts changers until they find the problem. I like to do my own maintenance if at all possible. That way, I know it is done right and I gain the knowledge.:w

Well,Don't get those little black resisters too HOT!!:thumb They'll warp on you or come off and then it's not much fun!!:W:W:W

:D

Sincro,

Glad it worked out for you. I always check on this forum, CorvetteForum, and CorvetteMechanic, for answers. Between the three you can normally find what you need.

Not sure who figured out this particular fix, but is seems to be a good one if you are carefull to not overheat. Maybe I'll get some time this winter to do mine. :chuckle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom