Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

03/04 Cobra vs...

90ZR1

Corvette
1990 Triple Black ZR1
03 Cobra vs. my 90ZR1 with intake/exhaust. The only other mods ill have this summer are Dr and a tune. Now if he has intake/exhaust and Dr. I'm assuming he will still beat me 1/4 mi. but not top end? I'm also assuming the cobra 390hp underrated and im probably around 390 with i/e...

What about against other vettes C4 with LT1 Lt4 or C5's and the LS1?

90ZR1, I've jumped your thread into the ZR1 forum from the Off Road Lounge. Hopefully, you'll get the answers you're looking for here!

-Mac

Thanks! My fualt for the wrong forum...

It's all good!

-Mac

90ZR1 said:
03 Cobra vs. my 90ZR1 with intake/exhaust. The only other mods ill have this summer are Dr and a tune. Now if he has intake/exhaust and Dr. I'm assuming he will still beat me 1/4 mi. but not top end? I'm also assuming the cobra 390hp underrated and im probably around 390 with i/e...

I do not know much about the ZR1 other then it is a top end monster. That and aerodynamics are on your side. My bet is you would have him in that category.

The Cobras are pretty quick...
Friend of mine bought a new ’03 COBRA (poor guy has little common sense, he did buy a Ford:L) and has run 12.65 @114.53, 2.04-60’-- street tires with under 1,000 miles on it, completely stock all but for his K&N air filter.

Not to shabby, even the trap speed is decent, but, that can’t help the fact that it’s a Fix Or Repair Daily.

Against a stock LT1 or LT4, with the KOTH; you should be able to take them both. Below are my best runs with my LT1 and LT4, both bone stock 6-speeds with a K&N at 820 ft elevation:
- Best run with my LT1 was 13.6 @104.
- Best run with my LT4 was 13.2 @ 107. This was with a full tank of Sunoco 94 and tires at 30 psi, I did spin a little. With practice I can improve on this time.

B17Crew
:w

Awesome info. when I asked for LT1's and LT4's I meant how would those compare to a cobra. Just sparkin' up convo. I figure i'm goin to need my i/e/Dr along with headers and a great tune just to be keepin up in the 1/4 with the Cobra's... but on the highway... thats another story.

90ZR1 said:
but on the highway... thats another story.

I’m surprised that the ZR-1s didn’t come standard with a pressure suit like fighter pilots wear. Once a Z gets-ah running in the open, they just gallop away.:_rock

B17Crew
:w

90ZR1 said:

I have an essentially stock 2002 Z06 (pretty equivalent to a ZR1) and there is no stock Mustang that beats me at the strip. There are a few that are faster than me, but they are either modified Cobra/Saleen cars or 1960's drag prep cars with replacement engines. I would put money on an LT4 or an LS1 against all but a very few factory Mustangs. I am not as sure about the LT1. I do think that the LT1 would eat all but a few Mustangs for lunch, comparing stock to stock.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom