Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

07 Corvette >>> Basic Questions

bobchess61

Corvette
2007 LS2 Coupe (Victory Red)
All >>> Your comments are appreciated. I have an 07' Coupe, level 3 option package, Z51, auto trans w/ paddles.

This is an 07' LATE >>> what is the difference between an 07' late and early?

I'm looking at getting some rubber mats (w/ logo) >>> I see that there is a matching mat offered for the back space under the window. Those that have this > do you like it?

I'm also looking at buying a cover >>> lots of options here >>> one with a soft liner I assume > comments?

Bra - no bra? Clear coat? No proteection >>> just use caution regarding rock dings. (Using caution in Vegas sometimes is near impossible).

Preferred brands / vendors?

Finally, are there any other "must haves" for a first time Corvette owner?

Thanx, bobchess61

Don't have an answer for 07 early vs. late. I'd have to research that a bit. What makes you think there is a difference...other than when the car was built?

On mats, I like footwell mats which can match a cargo area mat. That said, what I use in my C6 was chosen more out of practicality rather than appearance because we run our '12 on long trips on a regular basis. I have WeatherTech Floor Liners in the footwells and a WeatherTech CargoLiner in the back. They are durable, they trap dirt/mud/debris and easy to clean but, I admit, they don't look as nice as some high end fabric mats.

On covers, you need to choose the cover based on how you will use it. With high-end (read that as "good") covers there is a big different in materials and construction between covers designed for indoor or outdoor use. I get my covers from California Car Cover Company and their web site is really good at explaining the differences. I'd read Cal Car Cover's site first then make my choice.

On the bra issue...for best durability and impact resistance, a 3M Scotchcal clear bra is the best choice. On the downside, they are not inexpensive and they must be installed by a trained 3M installer.

I take it this 07 is new to you and that you bought it used. Unless you know the car's complete service records, I would change all fluids and flush the brakes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom