Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

11' ZR1 Wheels

M

Mart

OK, I know this is an overburdened topic, but I'm gonna start it anyway.

I have an 86' and I am looking to put 11" wheels with 315's on the back.

Last night I saw an 87-88 with the 11's on the back and they did not stick out at all, the wheels had the really deep pocket where the lugs are.

Are spacers needed, or is the offset right. I did notice you can buy 11' wheels with a 36mm offset for 84-86 or something like that.
http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=257&pf%5Fid=42381&mscssid=CQKFQLF9QXE39KQ5GFL9CGLMD58R98G5

Does anyone have any pics of these wheels, all the wheel site have pics of the fronts and not the rears.

If so does anyone want to sell them??

Mart

Mine JUST arrived today but I have'nt put them on yet because the car is in the shop getting a new rack and pinion steering arm. I'll post pics as soon as I can. If you get the aftermarked wheels made for the '84-87 you will not need spacers the offset is perfect. I got mine off of ebay from AFS wheels at a great price. I'll post the ebay AFS link below. They also offer tire and wheel packages. They have them in painted silver, black, polished and chrome. Ohhhhh and btw even though they aren't on the car yet they look sweeeeeet! I bought the polished.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZafswheelsQQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1

AFS wheels makes ZR-1 style wheels with the proper offset for 84-87 cars and will fit just fine. www.afswheels.com is the website and you can follow the "Wheels" tab at the top to find information about their wheel packages. They do offer a set of wheels with 2 17x9.5 and 1 11x17 wheels for your car.

eBay is a good source for wheels and tires from AFS but you sometime have to watch the bids closely. I got sniped 4 time trying to get a set of wheels for my 87 and I finally called AFS and they got me a set of black "blemished" wheels in 17x9.5 and paid $800 and free shipping!! When I got them, there were no indications anywhere of "blemishes"!

Ont thing to think about going with 11" wheels is that the number of tire makers that offer a 315/35-ZR17 tire is dwindling. You might wind up either not being able to find tires in a few years or have to pay hundreds for a single tire. Go to the Tire Rack website www.tirerack.com and do a search for that size and look at the tires in the high performance categories.

WOW! Wheels on and they look GREAT not to mention the traction......amazing! I used to roast the stock size 255/50-16 off the line even with me feathering the throttle........these 315/35-ZR17 just "chirp" of the line then I'm gone........LOVE 'EM!

ProEMTPFF said:
WOW! Wheels on and they look GREAT not to mention the traction......amazing! I used to roast the stock size 255/50-16 off the line even with me feathering the throttle........these 315/35-ZR17 just "chirp" of the line then I'm gone........LOVE 'EM!

I agree they ain't that easy to light up, what tires did you get? But mine DO stick out with the 36.5mm backspacing around an inch or so. And ya, the lug nuts are WAY in there. It's a major PITA to get the 11's on and off without marring something up a little.

DSCRear4-15-04303.jpg

Hey Moonunit do you have a close sideshot of the rears from straight on and how much they stick out.

Oh and what tires are those? F1's?

Because the ones I saw did not stick out, he did have an updated rearend, I wonder if it was a wider rear?
Mart

Mart said:
OK, I know this is an overburdened topic, but I'm gonna start it anyway.

I have an 86' and I am looking to put 11" wheels with 315's on the back.

Last night I saw an 87-88 with the 11's on the back and they did not stick out at all, the wheels had the really deep pocket where the lugs are.

Are spacers needed, or is the offset right. I did notice you can buy 11' wheels with a 36mm offset for 84-86 or something like that.
http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=257&pf%5Fid=42381&mscssid=CQKFQLF9QXE39KQ5GFL9CGLMD58R98G5

Does anyone have any pics of these wheels, all the wheel site have pics of the fronts and not the rears.

If so does anyone want to sell them??

Mart
Just to give you an idea of ebay prices, this auction ended today. I was sorely tempted to bid since I also want some 11s, but already having 2 sets of wheels (stock and chrome ZR1s), I couldn't justify it with the wife.
This person got a really fine deal. (my set of 9 1/2" chromes cost me $410 on ebay)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7922831046&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Hang in there......
Gordon :w

pictures

vader86 said:
If you get the 36mm offset, theyll fit without a spacer.
Here is a picture of my vette with 11's on the rear with 315's

Originally Posted by Moonunit 451 I agree they ain't that easy to light up, what tires did you get? But mine DO stick out with the 36.5mm backspacing around an inch or so. And ya, the lug nuts are WAY in there. It's a major PITA to get the 11's on and off without marring something up a little.

I have the Sumitomo HTRZ and love them. The car looks great, rides and handles even better, plus it turns even more heads than it did before. Upon looking at mine closer it looks like they stick out about a 1/2 inch.

Mart said:
Hey Moonunit do you have a close sideshot of the rears from straight on and how much they stick out.

Oh and what tires are those? F1's?

Because the ones I saw did not stick out, he did have an updated rearend, I wonder if it was a wider rear?
Mart

F1 GS D3's. I don't have a pic like you're looking for, but I'll try and take one this wekend and post it here for ya Mart.

Thanks Moonunit I'm really lookin for a close up of the wheels and how far they stick out.

Mart

Mines a '92 and I'm running 315/35's on the rear, and according to the previous owner the rear driveshafts are shortened specifically so they don't stick out any.

Here are some pics:
6868524-M-1.jpg

backview.JPG

SmallDSC_0224.JPG

Hope this helps!
Andy.

WOW, shortening the driveshafts, that does not make any sense, did he shorten everything else too.

I would think you would have to!!!

Looks great though.

Thanks
Mart

Hey Mart,

Apparently they were shortened to get standard ZR-1 wheels onto a standard LT-1. Apparently the car is "race prepared" by a company in Charlotte, hence the rollbar and a whole load of engine, suspension and drivetrain work. Not sure of the reasoning - maybe when they did it there were no aftermarket wheels available to do a ZR-1 wheels upgrade without changing anything else?

Anyway, glad you like the pictures!

Andy.

I have the 11 inch setup (275/40 F 315/35 R Sumitomo HTRZ tires) from AFS plus flares stick on, looks great, just finished a round trip from Boston MA to Hilton Head SC and back with day and half there and day and half back, two day business meeting, My blue 95 never missed a beat in 2300 mile trip even did the sky line drive but took up lots of time. I am quite impressed with the Sumitomo tires not a harsh ride grip well no rain experience yet. will try and get a photo up and show setup

Mart said:
Thanks Moonunit I'm really lookin for a close up of the wheels and how far they stick out.

Mart

I'll have exactly what you're looking for tomorrow, already took the pics, just gotta upload them :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom