Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 12 Bolt Upgrade

69project

Corvette
1969 T Top
Can anyone give me some advice on modifying my differential housing for a 12 bolt. Other than a lot of grinding, what is involved other than gear set up.

Theres a few companys that sell the complete differential assembly.

But heres a link to the kit.

https://www.tomsdifferentials.com/2011catalog/Pages14-23.pdf

welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!

Thanks for info on Tom's--looks like the upgrade parts I am looking for. Still would like comments from someone who has done the work on the differential housing themselves.

Thanks for info on Tom's--looks like the upgrade parts I am looking for. Still would like comments from someone who has done the work on the differential housing themselves.

Not sure if GTR1999 still looks in on this forum but he may know. He does a lot of work with C3 diffs. Even if he doesn't watch this forum he will still likely respond if you PM him. He is still active on other forums.
Why are you wanting to convert to 12 bolt?

I have a 572-about 700HP-that I am going to put in the 69 so am trying to make the drive line stay together. Also am very cheap so I am doing whatever I can myself. Thanks for the info on GTR1999. I will message him.

Hi
Yes I got your PM and responded. I am still building vette diffs in many configurations, including the 12 bolt.

If you do it yourself you will save $2500 or more on labor. There is a lot involved to do it right, I have pictures of those that cut corners in the build to sell for less then market price and then they came apart later.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom