Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

15,000 miles schedule maintenance interval on a 2004 C5

BugMan

Corvette
04 Torch Red Convertible w Black Rag Top & 6 speed
I am fast approaching 15,000 miles on my 2004 C5. According to my manual the 15k scheduled maintenance includes basically an oil/filter change with a few items checked. So today I called my dealer and their 15,000 mile service is $329 and in addition to what the manual recomends they clean the injectors, throtle body, and add a couple of chemicals to the gas tank as well as some cleaning of the combustion chambers :eyerole .

It sounds to me like a bunch of fancy name calling to charge me $329 for an oil/filter change. Do you all think this is worth it? Or should I just do the oil/filter change as planned?

FYI, I bought this vette in 1/2005 and I have changed the oil/filter four (4) times (every 6 months) this would be my fifth oil/filter change. Furthermore late last summer I replaced and flushed the brake fluid and did a flush/replacement of the radiator coolant.

Thanks.

Most of what they do you can do .Just keep a record on everything .

Besides the Oil/Filter change, check fluids, and tire condition. Is there anything else I should do for the 15,000 mile checkup? Thanks.

Besides the Oil/Filter change, check fluids, and tire condition. Is there anything else I should do for the 15,000 mile checkup? Thanks.
Not to my knowledge.I'd check your radiator to make sure thats clean,you have to do that from the underside.I change my air filter once a year.Change my oil at about 50-60%.:)
Keep in mind that it is a Chevrolet .It needs about the same things your Impala,or silverado needs.:upthumbs

I figured as much. In the end they are recomending things not really needed but for which they can charge a lot of money. Thanks.

maintenance

Dealer is just looking to charge $330.00 for an oil change. Use Mobil or Exxon gas and injectors will stay clean for a long time. check your radiator for the condition of the coolant and clean the debris in front of it sucked up by the spoiler. Just general checking will be more than enough to maintain your Corvette. Remember to change your air filter every six months because it picks up lots of debris quickly or get a cleanable filter like k&n or blackwing etc... save your money!:Steer and enjoy.

edram454.

Dealer is just looking to charge $330.00 for an oil change. Use Mobil or Exxon gas and injectors will stay clean for a long time. check your radiator for the condition of the coolant and clean the debris in front of it sucked up by the spoiler. Just general checking will be more than enough to maintain your Corvette. Remember to change your air filter every six months because it picks up lots of debris quickly or get a cleanable filter like k&n or blackwing etc... save your money!:Steer and enjoy.

edram454.

Hi, late last summer I flushed the coolant system and replaced the coolant. At the same time I replaced the brake fluid (over 2 years since the vette had been put in service). Thanks.

Dude - Ya need to get out there and put some miles on that Vette! :upthumbs
:lou
L8TR - D

You have a point there. Since I drive 70 miles (roundtrip) everyday because of work I find my self driving:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom