Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1959 Corvette assembled 17 Nov, 1958

hulou

Corvette
I have a 1959 Covertte assembeld on 17 Nov 1958. Im looking for a T-10 4 speed transmission. What would be the acceptable built dates on the t-10 4 speed transmission , Im thinking But not sure, Sept or Oct of 1958 what side cover would it Have, I assume a 1959 side cover?
Thanks
Hulou

Welcome aboard! :w Hopefully, our resident C1 expert will chime in here pretty quick .... Tom are you out there? Tom should be able help you with your question.

Pictures, we would like to see some pictures of your project!

Welcome to the CAC.

My '59 was built on Nov 14, 1958 so we are not far apart. NCRS accepts up to 6 months before the car build date but that is a stretch. Sept or Oct would be good. I'd like it a little tighter than that if possible like last half of October or the first few days of November. I think the change in the side cover casting number happened during 1960 production so you would be wanting to see casting number 3765100 side cover on a trans dated for your car and not the 3772403. It's been awhile since I looked at mine but I could take a look and verify this if you want. I've owned my car for 50 years next week.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom