Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1960 #1 Cunningham Corvette Le Mans racer has been found!!!

racelance

Corvette
95 ZR1, '05 Callaway, 2 R9G's & 2 '89 Challenge
If you'd like to see this vehicle that's been missing for over 50 years we'll have it displayed in 'as found' condition during Corvettes at Carlisle August 24-26!

60LM101.jpg

We're excited to have the vehicle on display!!!

Cheers,

Lance

Lance,
I can't make it to Carlisle this year, but I was wondering if you could list the dates for next year's Corvette week in Carlisle?

Thanks in advance, as I have to plan several months in advance.

-JS

Lance,
I can't make it to Carlisle this year, but I was wondering if you could list the dates for next year's Corvette week in Carlisle?

Thanks in advance, as I have to plan several months in advance.

-JS

JS-

The dates for next year's Corvettes at Carlisle event is August 23-25, 2013.

Hope to see you there!

Lance

One of these days, Lance, I'm going to make the trip from the West Coast to your event.

I heard you're having some kind of "reunion" for Carlisle Blue '12s. That true?

How am I supposed to get any sleep after reading this?

#1 Cunningham Corvette find

If there's anyone left on the planet, at least among Corvette aficionados, who has not heard the story before now of the #1 Cunningham Corvette from the Le Mans in France during June of
1960....the full story is covered in 'THE QUEST', a feature-length documentary about those cars, Carlisle Events co-founder Chip Miller and Lance's extreme efforts to fulfill his late father's dream.
More, including a trailer for the film, can be found at questdocumentary.com

If you'd like to see this vehicle that's been missing for over 50 years we'll have it displayed in 'as found' condition during Corvettes at Carlisle August 24-26!

View attachment 10101

Cheers,

Lance

Great to see that number one has finally been located. :w

We will be in Carlisle to see you and all the displays in three weeks.

Can't wait.

Roger

One of these days, Lance, I'm going to make the trip from the West Coast to your event.

I heard you're having some kind of "reunion" for Carlisle Blue '12s. That true?

Hib-

We'd love to have you. Our job is to do our best to ensure you make it an annual event :).

We allow any Carlisle Blue Corvette (owner & guest too!) to attend our events free of charge for life. There will be a section for the Carlisle Blue owners.

Life is good... especially rolling in a Carlisle Blue Corvette!

Cheers,

Lance

Hib-

We'd love to have you. Our job is to do our best to ensure you make it an annual event :).

We allow any Carlisle Blue Corvette (owner & guest too!) to attend our events free of charge for life. There will be a section for the Carlisle Blue owners.

Life is good... especially rolling in a Carlisle Blue Corvette!

Cheers,

Lance

Well...my Wife and I blew our 2012 vacation money on a drive trip to Alaska so a visit to your show will have to wait at least until 2013. I'd love to come, though. We have one of three Carlisle Blue Z06es with 1LZ/Z07/B92 and the only one like that with RPO PBC. We're pretty partial to the color, obviously.
:rotfl

Hope the 2012 Show goes well. Of late it seems there's been awful weather back there. My fingers are X'ed that the bad weather happens sooner rather than two weeks from now!

cant wait to see this newly found gem....talk about a missing jewel being discovered..omg. oh..and the wife will be driving down in the Carlisle Blue coupe while I sweat and vibrate down in the 67...lol

cant wait to see this newly found gem....talk about a missing jewel being discovered..omg. oh..and the wife will be driving down in the Carlisle Blue coupe while I sweat and vibrate down in the 67...lol

From first hand experience, I can tell you that Wives look even better in Carlisle Blue Vettes. :thumb

According to AutoWeek the Cunningham Corvette #1 has been pulled from Corvettes at Carlisle. See LINK.

Why all the secrecy? This whole episode is generating bad vibes all around.

I could be mistaken, but I believe the car was sold and pulled around 3:30 PM, however don't quote me on that.

This story is getting more bizarre by the minute. According to this link, a Florida man (not the one that Lance bought the car from) is now claiming ownership of the #1 Cunningham Corvette and has a copy of a Florida title in his now deceased father's name. He claims that the car was stolen from his father 35 years ago and he now wants it back.

Apparently he showed up in Carlisle and tried to recover the car, which might explain why it was suddenly moved to a "secure" location on Friday.

Stay tuned, this may take a while to play out!

View attachment 10101

Cheers,

Lance

.....................................or maybe not.

Interesting that the title is dated last week.... :eyerole

That is interesting, indeed. Hopefully, Lance can give us "the rest of the story" once things calm down.

-Mac

Round 2 - An answering salvo from Lance and Richard Carr. Rather than risk misinterpreting what was said by whom, I'll post the link and you can read and interpret for yourself. This is the LINK.

Let the lawyers commence!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom