Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1960 vette windshield lower channel

Corvette
1960 horizon blue conv
hello, I am new member working on 1960 corvette horizon blue 230 h.p. 4 speed I took apart 25 yrs ago. I am installing new w/s with repro lower channel I have been on ncrs site getting some help, I quess alot of you are members ncrs. however my question is how does lower stainless moulding attach to lower channel does lip inside of moulding slide between channel and lower rubber??? and what would be problem if lip on lower windshield weatherstrip dosen't fit properly, meaning it does not come down over channel to meet stainless.there is a space between rubber and stainless were you can see exposed channel any help would be greatly appreciated michael

hello, I am new member working on 1960 corvette horizon blue 230 h.p. 4 speed I took apart 25 yrs ago. I am installing new w/s with repro lower channel I have been on ncrs site getting some help, I quess alot of you are members ncrs. however my question is how does lower stainless moulding attach to lower channel does lip inside of moulding slide between channel and lower rubber??? and what would be problem if lip on lower windshield weatherstrip dosen't fit properly, meaning it does not come down over channel to meet stainless.there is a space between rubber and stainless were you can see exposed channel any help would be greatly appreciated michael
can you post a photo of what you are talking about....I wrestled with mine some time ago, and ended up taking it to someone to put together for me....life is short, I decided I didnt need the hassle....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom