Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1960 Wiper transmission

Now another silly question...

I just checked CC and it appears they offer a rebuilding service only...

The problem I have is the driver side wiper transmission on my Vette is from a 1950's Pontiac that my Dad came upon in salvage yard 20 years ago...

The spline on the Pontiac wiper is smaller than the regular Corvette one and will not hold my Corvette wiper arm in place... At the time I was using a Pontiac wiper arm which worked fine however the rubber started to wear and I tossed the arm out when I ordered new Corvette arms...

The Pontiac arms were painted silver and really contrasted oddly with the passenger side which had the proper Vette wiper arm...

Anyone know of a vendor that sells wiper transmissions for C1's or how I could securely attach the Vette wiper arm to the existing Pontiac wiper transmission?

I checked Vette-Gal but she appears to be selling only on e-Bay now and that's not a option I want to pursue...

Thanks kindly...

That is who I was going to suggest. I don't have a problem with Ebay as long as I know the vendor is reliable. I have scored many a bargain there and haven't been burned yet.

Try J & D Corvette in Belflower CA.They used to be heavy into C1 used parts and may still have some parts. I have bought there myself and the service was great. Great people and a huge used parts inventory.

Tom

Thanks kindly... I was able to purchase one from Blue Ribbon Products...

It appears Bill & Dottie Gohr have sold the business and the new owner appeared to be as friendly and helpful as the Gohrs used to be...

He'll be getting more of my business...

http://www.blueribbonproductsltd.com/

That is who I was going to suggest. I don't have a problem with Ebay as long as I know the vendor is reliable. I have scored many a bargain there and haven't been burned yet.

Try J & D Corvette in Belflower CA.They used to be heavy into C1 used parts and may still have some parts. I have bought there myself and the service was great. Great people and a huge used parts inventory.

Tom

Was it a rebuilt one or just good used? I'll add them to my list of parts suppliers.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom