Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1963 SWC

61 Silver

Corvette
1961 270HP and 1963 340HP
I am thinking of selling or trading my restored 63 SWC. Everything on this car is matching numbers, most of the parts are original to the car and drive train is the original drive train. Many of the forum members follow the restoration of this 63 on CAC. I have a gentleman coming tomorrow evening that might want to offer a trade a 61 fuelie in trade. The fuelie will need restoration, original with a service replacement block. What do you think a restored 63 coupe is worth?

Ray

I am thinking of selling or trading my restored 63 SWC. Everything on this car is matching numbers, most of the parts are original to the car and drive train is the original drive train. Many of the forum members follow the restoration of this 63 on CAC. I have a gentleman coming tomorrow evening that might want to offer a trade a 61 fuelie in trade. The fuelie will need restoration, original with a service replacement block. What do you think a restored 63 coupe is worth?

Ray

So I am not good with prices but I will see if I can find some comprebales sales.

Too often you here the term "restored" and most of the advertized "restored" car are nothing more the old ladies with new dress's on

I know of the restoration from photos you shaired. This was a frame off restoration by an exsperanced corvette mecanic.

I dont know if I can find prices by the time he comes to see it though.

Well I was able to find your pictures from when you restored this car, and allthough you never mention it, it definatley looks as though you did an NCRS style factory correct restoration on it.

Nada says this car worth around $88,000.00. I went thru some of the auction listing and could not find comprable sales to your car's quaility.

Best of luck with the trade/sale I was wondering how long it was going to take you to find a new project. Some folks have to have a project in the works to keep from going nuts.

I am going on 16 months since I finshed my 62, thankfully my wife has been keeping me busy New bath room and new kitchen and work has been consuming my free time. I also said I cant get another project car untill I exspand my garage and I am also working with an arqutec to finalize that.

Again Good Luck

The forum seams to be slow, we need some more projects

Thanks Larry

I have been looking for a solid axel project for the past two years with no luck. I like to restore the Corvettes to "as they left the factory specs" (NCRS). The hunt for parts and learning experiences is almost as much fun as driving them, NA, I rather drive them!. The gentlemen with the 61 was supposed to call today to make arrangements to view the 63 this evening, but he has not called so maybe this deal is dead. The hunt go's on.

Ray

Well I was able to find your pictures from when you restored this car, and allthough you never mention it, it definatley looks as though you did an NCRS style factory correct restoration on it.

Nada says this car worth around $88,000.00. I went thru some of the auction listing and could not find comprable sales to your car's quaility.

Best of luck with the trade/sale I was wondering how long it was going to take you to find a new project. Some folks have to have a project in the works to keep from going nuts.

I am going on 16 months since I finshed my 62, thankfully my wife has been keeping me busy New bath room and new kitchen and work has been consuming my free time. I also said I cant get another project car untill I exspand my garage and I am also working with an arqutec to finalize that.

Again Good Luck

The forum seams to be slow, we need some more projects

Hi! again Larry

I teach carpentry and cabinet making. If you need a little help, let me know! No solid axel to work on.

Ray

Hi Ray,

How have you been? It's a hard life when you don't have a Corvette project going. :L It's been almost exactly a year since I finished the 61. I've been busy with other projects but there isn't the passion like there is restoring a Vette. I'm sure you know what a "gem" you have in that '63 SWC. Don't be in too much of a rush to part with her.:) Larry's price sounds like a good starting point. Hope all is well.

Gary

You know, for real. I love my 62, joy to drive, real fast , But now it sits in the garage with little use, I have said it before about having more fun building a car ,then actually driving it.

this up coming 2007 car season will be my last season with this car.

My 66 I would sell also as I hardly ever use it but the problem is I dont think I would every be able to replace it in the future, so that one I will keep.
I was relived when I was done searching for parts for the 62 or the 66, but Corvettes of Carlilse is just not the same with out rushing thru the show with a list of parts. I thought I would enjoy not having to go thru the swap meet ,just being able to sit and relax but thats just not me.

So I have to build my garage and then I have to get another project also

Hi! Gary

This time of the year is quite busy for me. We build a 2000+ square foot home on site with the students each year and we need to get it weather tight prior to bad weather. We completed the insulation today so we are in good shape. Now is the time to think Corvette Restoration.

I was wondering what school your daughter chose to attend. Did she choose Geneseo?

I enjoy driving the 63, but the 61 with the top down just has the feeling that says "CORVETTE". The first Corvette that I ever rode in was a 62 fuelie (1963) and I have always wanted a Fuel Injected Corvette. I will just keep looking!

If we do not chat prior to the holidays have a. Happy Holidays!

Ray

Sounds like a heck of a deal if it actually comes to pass.

Not to hijack, but I teach drafting/woodworking at the high school level, used to teach carpentry. I do cabinetmaking as a side and will probably make it my retirement job (in 2 1/2 years)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom