Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1965 ORIGINAL WHEELS?

fredd65

Corvette
1965 nassau blue convertible
I HAVE A SET OF 4 WHEELS THAT CAME ON MY 65 VETTE WHEN I GOT IT 12 YEARS AGO AND I NOW HAVE CHROME TORQ THRUSTS ON IT ...THEY HAVE THE STAMPING 15X 5 1/2 JK WITH 65 STAMPED PERPENDICULAR...THEY ALSO HAVE THE KELSEY HAYES INSIGNIA AND SOME OTHER WEIRD LOOKING THING...THE VALVE HOLES ALSO HAVE THE 2 LITTLE DIMPLES AND I CAN SEE GM STAMPED ON THE FRONT BETWEEN LUG HOLES...MY QUESTION IS, ARE THESE THE ORIGINAL WHEELS AND WHAT ARE THEY WORTH?...ALSO, SHOULD I SANDBLAST AND PAINT THEM BEFORE SELLING?...VERY LITTLE RUST...THANKS rfrederick@woh.rr.com

It's good to see you can get your message out Fred, but you might want to check your " CapLock " key !

Stepinwolf

sorry if the caps offended anyone, this better?...so, does anyone know if i have the original wheels or not?...any opinions?...thanks

Based on your description, I'd say those are the original '65 wheels; don't really have a feel for what they're worth.

:beer

Based on your description, I'd say those are the original '65 wheels; don't really have a feel for what they're worth.

:beer

thanks for the info...know anyone that might want them?...i also have a set of rally wheels for a 67 with uniroyal tiger paw raised white letter tires

If JohnZ is correct, ( and I have not known him to make a nistake ) and they are the original wheels, normally they can be found for about 100$ apiece. I have also seen matched, mint, set's of 4, offered for around 500$. I can't guarantee that what they sold for but that was the asking price.

However, original wheels are getting harder to sell because of the damage that is associated with curbside encounters. More people are now migrating towards repros, knowing they are straight, and run true.

Just my opinion

regards
Stepinwolf

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom