Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1966 Mossport 427-390hp Coupe..

paul67 said:
Bob,
I am so humbled by your skills. I was going to post tonight on how to replace C2 door pull mecanisms (the last step on my restoration) but I am now too embarrassed to do so.

Paul
imagine how I feel considering some of the most basic questions I've had to post and ask.........

Barry,
I know! I have the parts but I am just getting shy about repairs these days.

groovyjay said:
Not a Big Block, but still one the nicest and cleanest set up I've come across!

proc1.jpg

Excellent setup Groovyjay and very good eye candy. As far as I'm concerned, my only worry is available space. I recently purchased a complete serpentine conversion kit from " March " and with all the accessories, including PS and A/C on the 572, I am worried that there might not be enough space to setup the unit.

When I can get all the brackets and pulleys in place on the engine, I will have a better idea of the setup.

Stepinwolf

paul67 said:
Bob,
I am so humbled by your skills. I was going to post tonight on how to replace C2 door pull mechanisms (the last step on my restoration) but I am now too embarrassed to do so.

Paul, all this is getting embarrassing. By all means you should definitely post the procedure for those who have not as yet been through the process.

Just be sure to mention that it is imperative that the large black plastic washer should be in place on the opening mechanism before getting the door panels back on, other wise people can see inside the door opening.

Stepinwolf

67HEAVEN said:
Stepinwolf is far too modest concerning his talents. I've been in his shop and viewed the many projects in it. I've witnessed his craftsmanship first-hand and am truly impressed by the breadth of his skills.

:upthumbs

Bob

stepinwolf said:
Excellent setup Groovyjay and very good eye candy. As far as I'm concerned, my only worry is available space. I recently purchased a complete serpentine conversion kit from " March " and with all the accessories, including PS and A/C on the 572, I am worried that there might not be enough space to setup the unit.

When I can get all the brackets and pulleys in place on the engine, I will have a better idea of the setup.

Stepinwolf

It would most definately take some heavy thinking and some fabrication to make it all work and fit under the hood. The March set up is real nice, I'm using it on my car.

bnpseng1.jpg

groovyjay said:
It would most definately take some heavy thinking and some fabrication to make it all work and fit under the hood. The March set up is real nice, I'm using it on my car.

bnpseng1.jpg

Great pic, groovyjay

groovyjay said:
Not a Big Block, but still one the nicest and cleanest set up I've come across!

proc1.jpg

That is brilliant. Mounting the fuel meter to the supercharger inlet. How does it run?

Tom

paul67 said:
Bob,
I am so humbled by your skills. I was going to post tonight on how to replace C2 door pull mecanisms (the last step on my restoration) but I am now too embarrassed to do so.

I am not sure if your saying this in Jest but

I have never been embarrassed to make a post, make a comment, add some information to a topic. or to ask a question regardless if it was stupid one or not. I really feel I am here with other folks just trying to learn more about the cars and there repairs. I read every post on the C1 & C2 section even though it may not apply to what I am working on at the current time. I have been corrected in the past and have absolutely no problem with it.

The mistake will be when folks feel that the information they want to share,or acquire is below the level of this forum. There are some things discussed here that I have already done but still learn or re-learn when it comes up again. So please dont hold back anyone.

IH2LOSE said:
I am not sure if your saying this in Jest but

I have never been embarrassed to make a post, make a comment, add some information to a topic. or to ask a question regardless if it was stupid one or not. I really feel I am here with other folks just trying to learn more about the cars and there repairs. I read every post on the C1 & C2 section even though it may not apply to what I am working on at the current time. I have been corrected in the past and have absolutely no problem with it.

The mistake will be when folks feel that the information they want to share,or acquire is below the level of this forum. There are some things discussed here that I have already done but still learn or re-learn when it comes up again. So please don't hold back anyone.

Larry,

You get a big Amen from me for that. :upthumbs

I have done a lot of labor and different resto tasks on these cars, and every single day I have visited this Forum, I have learned something new.

By all means , people should never refrain from posting their comments or opinions for the benefit of all

Stepinwolf

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom