Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1967 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible Model 19467 and suspect severe windshield water leak.

2010corvette

Corvette
2006 Hatchback Coupe Victory Red
Question:

This question would be directed to someone that has completely restored 1967 or 1963 through 1967 Corvette 37 or 67 body style that has had evidence of severe windshield water leak and windshield was removed during restoration.

Back on September 29, 1966 took delivery of 1967 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible.
Shortly after delivery the Corvette was left outside during heavy rain storm in Natick Massachusetts.
When I opened the driver door after this rain storm, both of the foot wells were full of water to the top of sills. (Good that I new of the floor plugs, and pulled them to drain the Corvette)
I didn't find were the water was entering from the outside but noticed evidence of water running down the center console on driver/passenger sides.
The Corvette went back to the dealer under warranty and the severe leak was fixed, but not totally.

My question to Corvette experts is: What is being found on these C2 Corvettes that cause suspect windshield water leaks?
Is the problem with the windshield preparation/installation at the plants. Such as no bedding compound under reveal molding self tapping screws/clips, insufficient bedding compound in the windshield glass channel or insufficient bedding compound in the rabbit of pinch weld flange around full perphery prior to windshield installation?
Or did water over come the air vent in the plenum.
My Corvette trim plate shows Corvette was built at St Louis due to being big block Corvette.:thanks:

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom