Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1967 Headlight Buckets

Firemist1

Corvette
1967 Marina Blue Coupe + 2010 Grand Sport Conv.
I am close to painting my '67 coupe and need some help from the experts. From the assembly manual, it looks like the headlight buckets were assembled after painting. Is that correct in which case the pivots/screws should not be painted but left as bare aluminum parts?

I am not sure of this .But I just looked thru nolands book vol 2 and it shows several photos of the cars heading down the line towards the spray area with the headlight door in place.they also show a 63 in the paint area with headlight door in place.I did not read any information on how it was done or what held the door in place.

When I did my car I did it with the headlight doors out.

Good luck. For sure you should install your headlight doors now to make sure you have good lines prior to paint.Something we never thought of on my car and a repair was made to a stress crack up by the doors and I never realized the guy re shaped the headlight area during the repair and I hate the way it lines up now

Thanks for the tips. Some stress cracks in that area were repaired on mine and we are doing the final fitting to ensure all lines are correct. I will check Noland's book, but the '63 buckets were fiberglass and made with the pivots permanently installed, so my question really relates to a later models with the metal buckets and screwed on pivots. So if anyone has knowledge of this, I would really like to know for sure.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom