Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1967 Paint Help

Firemist1

Corvette
1967 Marina Blue Coupe + 2010 Grand Sport Conv.
My Corvette is ready to paint and my choice is a base coat/clear coat Marina Blue (code 976AA). The modern paint systems only cross to lacquer and acrylic enamel. PPG gave my painter a color match, but when mixed, it looked possibly lighter blue; but paint in a can and paint on a car are two different things. Does anyone have the correct PPG number for Marina Blue base/clear coat system? Need an answer soon. Car is in the booth! Thanks for your help.

You might want to email paintdaddy from the members list. He seems to be one of the best here when it comes to paint. Good luck

Thanks for the tip. I went back to the shop this afternoon and looked again. It seems real close, so I will trust PPG that this is the right color. Paint on a stick and paint on a car are quite different. After six weeks of work, just wanted to be sure. Appreciate the feedback.

Firemist1 said:
Thanks for the tip. I went back to the shop this afternoon and looked again. It seems real close, so I will trust PPG that this is the right color. Paint on a stick and paint on a car are quite different. After six weeks of work, just wanted to be sure. Appreciate the feedback.
Any paint with metalics in it lighten up when sprayed because of the metalics.

Ask him to spray a sample peice of metal 12x12 or so to see how it looks out of a gun

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom