Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1968 corvette vin <5000 seat belt warning?

harrygclarke

Corvette
1968 Convertible, 427/L89
did the1968 corvette vin <5000 have the seat belt warning light in the gauge console? evidently there are two flavors of this; one with the indicator, reset button and I believe a PC board with connections to theAMP meter. One (i'm told early (serial number<5000 ) doesn't have this warning.
Also, did all the 68s have some sort of head light indicator; something like a dash light maybe? any help on this would be great as the local vet shop hasn't the answers and the old and new wiring harness data doesn't help - no wires identified by the schematic. Harry C

All 68s had the seat belt warning tell tale, the push button, and the buzzer. Tale tells on the right side of the cluster could vary but eventually standardized to Door Ajar and Wiper Over Ride. The NCRS Judging Guide gives a break down on approximate S/Ns for these changes.

I can check the Judging Guide this evening.

68s did not have the headlight warning tell tale later cars got.
:thumb

Last edited:
The NCRS Judging Guide says some 68s up to about #12,800 might have a Low Fuel tell tale below the Door Ajar or a blank. By #13,723, Wiper O'ride appears in the lower square and continues through the end of the model year.

seat belt warning.

Thanks to all for the answer to this. This car has 69 to 71 stuff and 73 to whatever stuff. It's been a job figuring out what is true about it. I appreciate the answers as there are none in this town. Harry C

Last edited:
...This car has 69 to 71 stuff and 73 to whatever stuff. It's been a job figuring out what is true about it...

The 68 owner's manual has reference pics of interior features and is good to have. If memory serves, there were two editions of the manual during the model year.

This is a good photo reference:
ql507-1.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom